Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

****** ass question, but do A-list celebs frequent UFC fights like they do boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ****** ass question, but do A-list celebs frequent UFC fights like they do boxing?

We'll see some mega a-list celebs ringside for PPV boxing fights, like Denzel Washington, Jake Gyllenhaal, Mark Wahlberg, Jack Nicholson, etc...is the same true of UFC fights? Forgive me for the ignorance as I never watch the UFC.

Just curious.

Yeah Steven Siegal goes all the time

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      Yeah Steven Siegal goes all the time

Seriously though, reason I ask is some douchebag coworker of mine was talking about how the UFC b*tch slaps boxing. I laughed at him. And then one of the very first points he brought up was...how the UFC gets tons of celebs out at their fights, lol. My response was so does boxing, and I started naming off some names. Then I asked this dude to name some of the UFC celebs and he said that the "names escape him at the moment" (lmao), but that he'd get back at me later.

It really was one of the worst boxing vs UFC arguments of all-time, and I'm ashamed to have been a participant...but in my defense this nerd was the one who brought it up and then made his first f**king point about how the UFC gets mad celebs

Comment

Arnold Swarzenegger, Charles Barkley, Mike Tyson, Roy Jones Jr. Charlize Theron, Cindy Crawford, Mel Gibson.

He's not an A-Lister, but Anthony Kiedis goes to practically everyone of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Seriously though, reason I ask is some douchebag coworker of mine was talking about how the UFC b*tch slaps boxing. I laughed at him. And then one of the very first points he brought up was...how the UFC gets tons of celebs out at their fights, lol. My response was so does boxing, and I started naming off some names. Then I asked this dude to name some of the UFC celebs and he said that the "names escape him at the moment" (lmao), but that he'd get back at me later.

It really was one of the worst boxing vs UFC arguments of all-time, and I'm ashamed to have been a participant...but in my defense this nerd was the one who brought it up and then made his first f**king point about how the UFC gets mad celebs
          Wait, did he have an Affliction shirt on while drinking a Monster or Rockstar?

Comment

denzil washinton and mark whalberg been there aswell, undertake showed up once but i think he was on business not pleasure

Comment

Val Kilmer was in the crown once.

Comment

The biggest celebrity I've ever seen at a UFC event was Shaq.

Comment

Charlize Theron, Joel Edegerton, The Rock, Timberlake, Walhberg was there at the last Rousey fight. A few other celebs have been there.

You can try to deny the popularity of ufc over boxing these days but go lookup how many torrents are downloaded of the ufc. Its very easy to find multiple copies of every event. After that, do a search for boxing.

Comment

I'm not trying to downplay the UFC's popularity. I could give a f**k to be honest. I'm not a hater and them thriving or failing or what the f**k ever really means zilch to me.

But it seems to me that UFC fans go out of their way to badmouth boxing. Why? It reminds me of mother**king PlayStation & Xbox fan boys. Every single time I've brought up boxing to a UFC guy (and in this case I didn't even bring it up), the UFC guy immediately goes on the attack on the sport of boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X