Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins should replace Max Kellerman on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd rather see him replace Lampley. Max, Roy, and B Hop would be a nice team

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      Right...
      ... and he always derails in endless self apologetic diatribes...
      Hey did you ever pay milkroot? He had faith in Hopkins when you didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
        Kellerman is so dedicated and such a corporate man. HBO and CBS love that kind of ****. Kellerman is censored and always has an agenda.

That would be ****ing awesome though having B-Hop and RJ Jr as a joint telecaster. Would be a legendary duo if they made this the norm for PPV fights
        I always said for one fight, they should have Hopkins and Jones teamed together, and here's the kicker - James Toney filling in for Harold Lederman!

Hopkins & Roy Jones commentating. James Toney as unofficial scorer.

Hopkins: James, how do you see the fight after three?

Toney: Ok 'Nard, I have the fight 8-1.

Hopkins: There's only been three rounds?

Toney: My talent speaks for itself, I aint gotta answer nobody else's questions. Im going home, we're gonna have a party! My birthday was Monday, now I finally get to go home and enjoy it with some Burger King. Here I come baby! Burger King! Burger King!

Jones: Hahahaha, God is great!

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
          I always said for one fight, they should have Hopkins and Jones teamed together, and here's the kicker - James Toney filling in for Harold Lederman!

Hopkins & Roy Jones commentating. James Toney as unofficial scorer.

Hopkins: James, how do you see the fight after three?

Toney: Ok 'Nard, I have the fight 8-1.

Hopkins: There's only been three rounds?

Toney: My talent speaks for itself, I aint gotta answer nobody else's questions. Im going home, we're gonna have a party! My birthday was Monday, now I finally get to go home and enjoy it with some Burger King. Here I come baby! Burger King! Burger King!

Jones: Hahahaha, God is great!
          I just read that in all their voices.

I would green K if I could

Comment

No one articulates the finer and more subtle points of boxing better then Kellerman. He's classy and generally a spot on analyst who makes for a good production. So many other clown commentators that should be replaced long before him. Bhop was pretty good last night though I must say...I'll be surprised if he's consistently that sharp though

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
              Are you crazy? Max is more biased than anyone. Dude was literally swinging from Andre Berto's nuts for YEARS.

Andre ****ing Berto!
              Berto brought out the Kellerwoman in Kellerman.

Lampley is just there to call the fight and yell and make things exciting. Kellerman is supposed to hit you with the knowledge, but instead he rambles on about how incredible his pet fighters are and namedrops fights from thirty years ago that he just watched last week. Dude knows nothing about Boxing and only got his job the same way he got a major label record deal as a rapper when he was a ****ing kid: a rich dad.

"Paul Williams is like Julio Cesar Chavez, Pernell Whittaker and Thomas Hearns all mixed into one fighter " -Max Kellerman
              Lampley is a good blow-by-blow commentator.

Kellerman obviously didn't get his HBO job because of any ability, he has very good connections.

Comment

HBO should hire Tarver.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                  HBO should hire Tarver.

^^^this.

B-Hop and Tarver should replace Roy and Ward.

Comment

Are you crazy? Max is more biased than anyone. Dude was literally swinging from Andre Berto's nuts for YEARS.

Andre ****ing Berto!

Lampley is just there to call the fight and yell and make things exciting. Kellerman is supposed to hit you with the knowledge, but instead he rambles on about how incredible his pet fighters are and namedrops fights from thirty years ago that he just watched last week. Dude knows nothing about Boxing and only got his job the same way he got a major label record deal as a rapper when he was a ****ing kid: a rich dad.

"Paul Williams is like Julio Cesar Chavez, Pernell Whittaker and Thomas Hearns all mixed into one fighter " -Max Kellerman
                    I think he's more of a basketball/NFL fan honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                      HBO should hire Tarver.
                      Tarver is the best boxing commentator. He's very articulate.

Comment

Working...
                      X