Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
    what about Hopkins?

he made 20 defenses before moving up
    I would argue that GGG, Ward and Rigo cleaned out the who's who in their divisions just as Hopkins did. There are no fights that intrigue me at 122 for Rigo, 160 for GGG or 168 for Ward. The fighters that are ducking them are inferior and stand no chance.

Originally posted by sicko View Post
    OR...Fighters in their divisions can grow a PAIR and go after the best in their division like it should be!
    When pigs fly. And while we wait for this miracle the 3 best fighters of the post Floyd/Pac era are wasting their prime years.

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
    Rigo has already moved up he's no spring chicken ... He's already fighting at a size advantage idk you may be right though
    Its unfair I admit. But Rigo will never be on TV again and won't get paid for his talents fighting Shingo Wake and Scott Quigg. Unless you're happy watching YouTube replays of his fights.

Comment

There are plenty of fights for GGG at 160, three other titles to win and fights against Canelo, Lemieux, Eubank Jr., BJS, Lee, Quillin, not to mention Lara and Andrade if they ever decide to move up. Much more than there is for him at 168.

Comment

I can see GGG and Ward moving up.

Comment

I agree, and these are 3 of my top 10. Rigo should fight the best in his division but they're afraid of him, so he. Ward needs like 2 more fights at 168. GGG needs to move up for competition. The only interesting fight at 160 is Quillon, and that ain't happening.
          I'm a fan of GGG, I think he's in his prime right now! Why waste it on these bums? And why would anyone want to see him with Cotto? That's brutal.
          I want to see Ward vs GGG, Kovalev, and Stevenson.

Comment

Froch and Chaves avoided ggg

Ward wants 2 tune ups before the fight and wants the fight to happen when it can be bigger down the line

So it's unfair to include ggg in the title

Also, will the likes of Walters and loma even fight rigo. Loma himself would but arum would try and keep rigo away from loma.

Ward wanted to move up already but Virgil hunter said it's not time to yet.

Ward vs ggg is a big fight in 2016

So I understand why ward wants to wait until that fight before moving to 175 to face kovalev

Comment

Rigo has not cleaned out his division until he beats Framptom, even tho he is recognized as the king he wants to leave no room for argument he wants to fight everyone the fked up thing is that nobody wants to fight him. He is 5'3 and rehydrates to 127, at 126 he would be facing guys that come in at welterweight on fight night he doesn't want to do that on the regular, but he said he would fight any big names from 126 as long as there is a rehydration stipulation in the contract which is not a catch-weight.

GGG is fine where he is at as well for now, and he still hasn't cleaned out the division either which is not his fault either. Ward however has cleaned out and should only stay to fight GGG, but either guy has the body to move up 1 weight class unlike Rigo. I think the guy who would benefit the most potentially from moving up right now is Ward .
              Last edited by DannYankee; 03-13-2015, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X