Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't PAC's win over Rios get as much as Floyd's over Guerrero's?!?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PorterIsFuture View Post
    Rios from the Alvarado 3 vs. Thurman from the Guerrero fight.. Rios out works him or cracks his chin.
    You think Margarito hit harder than Trinidad so this opinion doesn't surprise me.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
      I'm not the one who questioned whether Berto or Aydin were top ten when Guerrero fought them. So I don't need to come up with one. Do you?
      No. I was admiring the notion that you might. What you said sort of implied that you did (or might.) That's how I perceived it.

Not far fetched around here.

Comment

You're one of the last people who I need to tell me about the WBC's bogus rankings or anything about boxing in general. Don't flatter yourself.

The point was thar Guerrero beat two fighters ranked in top ten at 147 regardless of what you think about it. Beating Aydin and Berto at 147 is far better than losing to Alvarado at 140. If you think otherwise you're pretty damn stupid and the truth is that you don't even have your own top ten ranking for July 2012 which means you're in no position to talk about it.
        well we have to have some standards to go by otherwise we could just create our own rankings and in your rankings im sure you would have berto and aydin 1 and 2 but in reality berto wasn't in the top 10 when guerrero fought him according to people that have some credibility in the sport. these people don't rank people based on how much money their promoter gives them like the wbc. they look at all the fighters and create a top 10 and berto wasn't on it.

yes guerrero's wins over aydin and unranked berto are better than losing to alvarado but was that rios' only career fight? he did beat the #1 guy at 135(something guerrero never did in any division), he did ko alvarado in the first fight. he beat a top 10 fighter after losing to pac(something guererro hasn't managed to do since losing)

you are allowed to go back and reevaluate fights and ask the question was baldomir actually good? at the time some misinformed people thought guerrero was a top fighter but that was proven to be false. did his resume warrant that status? no. has he proved it since? no. rios was thought to be an easy cherry pick and as time goes by the win looks better because people like you were only focusing on rios' last fight before he fought pac and not what he did before and after.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
          Because The Ghost>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bam Bam.

Rios was a comeback fight after getting KTFO. Guerrero was a legit WW contender.

Comment

You think Margarito hit harder than Trinidad so this opinion doesn't surprise me.
            Because he did. It really isn't close.

Comment

• As much what? Derision?

Comment

"Legit" rankings like Ring and ESPN? LOL now I understand what kind of stupidity I'm dealing with. I won't waste another second here.
                Please compare Ring and espn rankings to any sanctioning body and let me know what you think. Clown

Comment

List who you believe were the top 10 welterweights in july 2012. As in fighters who actually fought at 147. I'll wait.

Sorry but you don't get to make up your own rankings for your convenience. You didn't even know who the top ten was at the time so stop lying and typing fake laughter.

You said no top 10 welterweights, no contenders, which was a lie and you got caught in it. Top ten is a ranking system made by the governing bodies. Try again.
                  No dumba$$, when people say top 10, they mean in the Ring rankings or tbrb or the scene. Or anything before sanctioning body rankings which are always full of undeserved bums.

I already told you more than once why Berto wasnt top 10. You really need an explanation for Aydin?

Comment

• Originally posted by saint laurent
                    ESPN had Guerrero ranked #5 at welterweight when he fought Mayweather. ESPN had Rios ranked #4 at junior welterweight when he fought Pacquiao.

There should be no confusion as to why beating a highly ranked welterweight coming off a win will impress people more than beating a highly ranked junior welterweight coming off a loss.
                    It looks better on paper, sure, though Guerrero is a fringe welter himself and probably loses to the bigger, harder punching Rios. Neither is legit contender at welter, but Pac fought the harder punching one off his epic Ko loss, so hard to tell which one impressed more.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      It looks better on paper, sure, though Guerrero is a fringe welter himself and probably loses to the bigger, harder punching Rios. Neither is legit contender at welter, but Pac fought the harder punching one off his epic Ko loss, so hard to tell which one impressed more.
                      What are you talking about , go put your harder punching C grade JWW in with Thurman and the flat footed no defence Rios will get knocked out cold .

Guerrero has more of everything except power , and at JWW there really aint all that much in power between them , there is a much wider gap in boxing ability and ring smarts , who has been fighting bigger much better class of fighters , considering opponents and weights Guerrero is the next level up from Rios .

I would bet good money Guerrero takes Rios to school .

Comment

Working...
                      X