No announcement yet.

NBC boxing peaks at a 3.1 rating, wins youth demographic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
    It just started and got twice the numbers than on HBO only the beginning baby!
    that's because HBO is a premium channel you dunce and so not everyone has it. but anyone and their mother can watch NBC and yet it only pulls 3million on its debut???? that is extremely poor. like i said, re-runs of mediocre shows pull more viewership.

Comment

3.1 seems pretty decent, probably would've been more if it wasn't for Broner-Molina. What a horrible way to start a new venture.

I'd expect Duva to be a bit salty, Haymon ruined the Stevenson fight and then bought her NBC spot. Can hardly blame her.

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Think that's a good start, especially opposite unc v duke.
      Just to be clear, that is University Basketball?

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
      Its great that Thurman got the exposure

He choosed to go to war when he could of outboxed Ghost, especially in a big step up in competition n on the spotlight, great way to rise to the occasion

I thought Ghost would of start fighting midway the fight like he ended
      All of this, Thurman seized the moment.

Comment

3 million on NBC is absolutely TINY! That is freaking nothing at all. A buncha old folk that left their TV on while they fell asleep on the couch. This is not going to excite anyone, or make NBC a believer in Haymon at all.

Comment

Let's wait till tomorrow to see the real numbers over nights are slats low. I think 3m staying from scratch with essentially unknown boxers is good.

What's really good about this number. It got bigger all the way through.which means people wanted to tune in after hearing people talk about it.

Another note: The calculators only gave boxing a 1.2 viewers per household figure. That's eventually low on the Grand scale of things.
          Last edited by Da Machine; 03-08-2015, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
            that's because HBO is a premium channel you dunce and so not everyone has it. but anyone and their mother can watch NBC and yet it only pulls 3million on its debut???? that is extremely poor. like i said, re-runs of mediocre shows pull more viewership.
            That's the whole point moron more people were able to watch the sport than normal that's great for boxing hopefully we can add and make some real boxing fans and not f.ags like u!

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
              3.1 seems pretty decent, probably would've been more if it wasn't for Broner-Molina. What a horrible way to start a new venture.

I'd expect Duva to be a bit salty, Haymon ruined the Stevenson fight and then bought her NBC spot. Can hardly blame her.

University basketball is very popular in the USA with certain demographics and Duke is a popular school so it's great that boxing outdid it.

I personally can't stand College sports, give me pro sports, I want to see the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
                Yea man if they don't get 10 mil might as quit pbc and act like it never happened
                Originally posted by Weebler I View Post

Yea biggest college ball rivalry

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
                  That's the whole point moron more people were able to watch the sport than normal that's great for boxing hopefully we can add and make some real boxing fans and not f.ags like u!
                  After them watching that broner molina fight i doubt they going to be fans of boxing.

The broner molina fight is probably what made viewers not stick around.

Comment

The numbers are pretty good for just starting. I just hope they get rid of the commentators and bring in other ones. Watching it last night felt very flat. I am not even sure if it was the commentators. The crowd was actually too quiet. It just seemed weird. It should get better with each broadcast though.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                      The numbers are pretty good for just starting. I just hope they get rid of the commentators and bring in other ones. Watching it last night felt very flat. I am not even sure if it was the commentators. The crowd was actually too quiet. It just seemed weird. It should get better with each broadcast though.
                      The crowd did suck.

Comment

Working...
                      X