• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
    Ok name 3 guy he can fight that are not part of Haymon/Bob rosters

K9 (Free)
    Canelo (GBP)
    GGG (HBO)
    Thats how I see it playing out. I expect GGG to get step aside money and a promise from Cotto to fight him after Canelo.

Comment

Nice for Cotto, but holy ****. Sorry Roc nation you just lost a bunch of money. You cant buy your way into the sport. Who the **** is he going to fight?

Even if they get names, they aren't recouping that amount of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Machine View Post
        Nice for Cotto, but holy ****. Sorry Roc nation you just lost a bunch of money. You cant buy your way into the sport. Who the **** is he going to fight?

Even if they get names, they aren't recouping that amount of money.
        They are thinking long term and I am sure they can get that money back in a Canelo and Golovkin fights.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
          Thats how I see it playing out. I expect GGG to get step aside money and a promise from Cotto to fight him after Canelo.
          hmmmm, you might wanna rethink that one..lol

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
            They are thinking long term and I am sure they can get that money back in a Canelo and Golovkin fights.
            Well, the Martinez ppv didn't do well according to both Arum and Dibella.

And looking at those three names...Bundrage shouldn't be a ppv fight, Golovkin is untested as a ppv entity (and it's unclear if Cotto wants the fight, although perhaps HBO would reach deep in it's pockets for that one)...and it's unknown whether Cotto will get the same offer he got from Canelo last time, considering how negotiations ended and with GBP knowing Cotto's probably got limited options to make a significant $ fight (with Pacquiao and Mayweather seemingly unlikely to fight the rest of the year...not to mention the obstacle of Arum or Haymon to make either fight).
            Last edited by Mitchell Kane; 03-07-2015, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.4ever View Post
              I don't get why people here are closing in canelo and his fans... I mean wtf, do you guys have stake in how much Cotto gets paid? You guys defend this move like he's gonna send you a paycheck or some ****

I don't even like canelo but atleast that fugger is trying to fight Cotto

And for any blind fool to say that Canelo was the "scared" one is a fugging moron

I'm here for the fights, I could give a rats ass who gets paid what as long as top fighters are fighting each other... I guess some Cotto fans don't care about that huh
              Thats the typical NSB Cotto nuthugger for you bro. These guys are way more Cotto fans than they are boxing fans. Its pretty sick actually, their hero can do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
                Well, the Martinez ppv didn't do well according to both Arum and Dibella.

And looking at those three names...Bundrage shouldn't be a ppv fight, Golovkin is untested as a ppv entity (and it's unclear if Cotto wants the fight)...and it's unknown whether Cotto will get the same offer he got from Canelo last time, considering how negotiations ended and with GBP knowing Cotto's probably got limited options to make a significant $ fight (with Pacquiao and Mayweather seemingly unlikely to fight the rest of the year).
                He will get the same offer from GBP or better since Oscar knows Canelo needs that fight to break true. Outside of Cotto there is no one Canelo can face that can bring him the recogniton or the money Cotto can bring.

Golvkin should be a bigger name next year and the public should be demanding that fight even more if Cotto beats Canelo.

Comment

Miguel cotto is about billions

Comment

I see no feasible way for Roc to make back that money, but I guess it's not my business.

If this means Cotto is matched with decent opposition then godspeed. If they're paying him that much to fight light welterweights like Bob was about to do, LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
                      who gives a fck
                      Rob Arum cares.

Comment

Working...
                      X