Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bradley's strategy in the 2nd Pacquiao fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradley's strategy in the 2nd Pacquiao fight.

Bradley's strategy in the 2nd fight was just ******ed. Bipolar is probably the best word.

He starts off boxing Pacquiao, then he drops that plan for some reason even though he was boxing him reasonably well. He goes inside on him and starts getting caught. Then for some unforsaken reason he starts winging wide looping power shots at Pacquiao even though he's never been known for his power.

He occasionally goes down to Pacquiao's body, but Pacquiao doesn't have to respect it because Bradley hasn't conditioned him to guard the body reflexively. When you go to the body it's a committment. Otherwise the guy isn't gonna give a **** about getting hit with an occasional body shot when he knows you still headhunt 90% of the time.

He dropped boxing Pacquiao, doesn't make PAcquiao's respect his body attack, and starts winging wide looping power shots. Of course he gets tired eventually and Pacquiao starts catching him a lot. Why the fu*k would they think those wide looping shots would catch Pacquiao. You gotta give Pacquiao more than enough credit defensively to be able to see that. Bradley is still a great fighter to me, but I can't understand their strategy in that fight for the life of me

Still a supporter but the guy has disappointed me.

Comment

He boxed Pac up pretty good early in that fight.

Comment

I like Bradley, but in the past few years I have to say he's lost his mental edge as a fighter. Which is surprising because I thought he fought a smart, tactical fight against Marquez then he fought one of the dumbest fights in the Pac rematch. Like WTF?

I think the backlash he got from the first fight really messed with him as a fighter, plus the time off after, then the Ruslan beating. I doubt he'll ever be the same fighter he was. At this point, I don't think he has the mental fortitude to compete at the ELITE level, but will definitely give the B level fighters a tough go. I wouldn't be surprised if he retired in a year or so. Just doesn't seem as motivated as he once was and that's usually a time to call it quits.

Comment

He truly fought like an idiot. He was gassed by the 8th round

Comment

Didn't he get injured, he was boxing good then i think he torn his leg muscle or calf or ankle idk something like that, and then didn't have a choice. Pac to fast for him keeps breakin his ankles.

Comment

he hurt his feet, tried to KO pacquiao, failed, then it was all dowhill

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                Bradley's strategy in the 2nd fight was just ******ed. Bipolar is probably the best word.

He starts off boxing Pacquiao, then he drops that plan for some reason even though he was boxing him reasonably well. He goes inside on him and starts getting caught. Then for some unforsaken reason he starts winging wide looping power shots at Pacquiao even though he's never been known for his power.

He occasionally goes down to Pacquiao's body, but Pacquiao doesn't have to respect it because Bradley hasn't conditioned him to guard the body reflexively. When you go to the body it's a committment. Otherwise the guy isn't gonna give a **** about getting hit with an occasional body shot when he knows you still headhunt 90% of the time.

He dropped boxing Pacquiao, doesn't make PAcquiao's respect his body attack, and starts winging wide looping power shots. Of course he gets tired eventually and Pacquiao starts catching him a lot. Why the fu*k would they think those wide looping shots would catch Pacquiao. You gotta give Pacquiao more than enough credit defensively to be able to see that. Bradley is still a great fighter to me, but I can't understand their strategy in that fight for the life of me

Bradley blew out his calf, apparently, halfway through the fight.

Without his legs properly under him (and after showing the grit and foolishness to war with Provodnikov), Bradley tried to make lemonade out of his lemons; set his feet, fight toe-to-toe, and hope to wing in the very same right hand that Marquez figured out PacMan would happily walk into by the third Pacquiao fight.

Ended up not working out, but he went twelve on one leg.

Comment

He thought he would get robbed so he went for a ko

Comment

He got hurt bad in the second round and had to fight pac off him. He was also getting beat up in the 3rd and again had to fight pac off him.

People here make it seem like pac's aggression didn't have anything to do with the way bradley had to fight. 1st round was probably tim's but 2nd and 3rd round he was already getting caught while BOXING and had to adjust and he felt that fighting pac off him was the best option in that instance instead of steeping back. He should have held pac more instead of trading.

It's tough to contain a guy like pac if you don't have marquez's style lol.
                    Last edited by TRTboy; 03-05-2015, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X