Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bradley's strategy in the 2nd Pacquiao fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
    He got hurt bad in the second round and had to fight pac off him. He was also getting beat up in the 3rd and again had to fight pac off him.

People here make it seem like pac's aggression didn't have anything to do with the way bradley had to fight. 1st round was probably tim's but 2nd and 3rd round he was already getting caught while BOXING and had to adjust and he felt that fighting pac off him was the best option in that instance instead of steeping back. He should have held pac more instead of trading.

It's tough to contain a guy like pac if you don't have marquez's style lol.
    Agreed. I remember during either the second or third round Bradley getting tagged by a left and although it wasn't glaringly obvious, I thought it sucked some juice out of him. He looked and fought different after. I think that was an excellent win by Pacquiao, particularly at that stage of his career. With regard to what the TS is saying, it does hold some merit. Bradley looked wound up even before the opening bell and psyched himself out a bit. Pacquiao won the mental battle and physical war.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
      He thought he would get robbed so he went for a ko
      This. Also I don't think he wanted to risk winning a close fight because the backlash he received after the first fight really killed him. i felt sorry for him it wasn't his fault the judges scored it for him but he was receiving death threats from fkd up pac fans. So he said fk it and went for the KO.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Agreed. I remember during either the second or third round Bradley getting tagged by a left and although it wasn't glaringly obvious, I thought it sucked some juice out of him. He looked and fought different after. I think that was an excellent win by Pacquiao, particularly at that stage of his career. With regard to what the TS is saying, it does hold some merit. Bradley looked wound up even before the opening bell and psyched himself out a bit. Pacquiao won the mental battle and physical war.

This is it. His mentality heading into the fight relied on two things; motivation to set right the events of the first fight, and Manny not having his fire. Both of these things ended up playing against him because once the bell rang he began losing his way in the fight again and soon enough realised Manny still belongs at the top level.

He ended up being in a position where he was hoping Manny would repeat his mistakes against Marquez, and be able to catch him. But as we saw and Tim felt, Manny was trying to purposefully not do that, his plan B didn't work.

Basically one way or another, it wasn't working for him all over again, so he took to relying on big shots affecting a Manny Pacquiao that was one fight removed from being obliterated, and it didn't pay off.

Comment

Poor game plan from Joel Diaz.

Trying to KO Manny because of the Marquez KO.

Timmy has no pop, and should have boxed more like he did in the first fight.

I remember watching 24/7 with Diaz pushing a broom stick with a glove stuck on the end, making Timmy slip and throw a huge right hand...

WTF - Manny's arms are a lot shorter than a broomstick?

Comment

he was downright terrible. maybe it was the calf but he was seriously winded by round 5. by the mid to late round she had nothing left. i've never seen someone get so tired so early in a big fight.

he's an overrated fighter IMO.....sorry but RUslan as slow as he is busts you up for that you don't have much skills.

Comment

The guy tore his calf in the 2nd round or 1st, unsure
              He had no choice but to slug it out since he couldnt really use his legs
              You could see this, he was staggering around like a drunk and he didnt even get hit.

Hence why hes eating meat in his fight preparations instead of being his usual vegan self, he thinks it may prevent injury.

Strange how so many people dont know he had a calf injury. He didnt mention it in the post fight interview because of what happened in the 1st fight but its not hard to find out
              IMO that fight didnt prove that much, Manny beat an injured Bradley twice

Comment

Originally posted by SthPaw View Post
                His mentality heading into the fight relied on two things; motivation to set right the events of the first fight, and Manny not having his fire.
                Agree with this. Bradley's strategy was based on the belief that he couldn't out-point Pac, and the hope that Pac didn't have the fire to dog it out with him.

Neither belief was ridiculous, a lot of people believed that Pac's fire was gone. It was also fairly unlikely that he was going to out-point Pac with jabs in low volume rounds.

Trying to knock Pac out with his (lack of) power was silly, but the rest of it wasn't.

Comment

Glad someone else posted it. But If I remember correctly, Bradley was doing his thing and then all of a sudden stopped and started going toe to toe and began losing a fight he was originally winning.

Comment

You guys are funny...you don't give TB the credit he deserves. Bradley boxed Pacquiao in the 1st fight and lost clearly. In the 2nd fight he fought with his heart and had a lot more success, one punch appearing to lift Manny off his feet. It was a much more competitive fight than the 1st, he fought with heart and for the fans and its you same fans that are now dissing him. He can't win either way with you guys.

Though Bradley isn't known for his KO power, he is a strong man, he was getting more confident in his punching power through training and in his fight with Marquez/Provodnikov, where he rocked him in the final seconds. He did a lot of training in power and how to generate power from his shots.

Before the fight, Bradley stated he will not win a decision and he will go balls to the walls and KO Manny. With all that running and Manny coming at u at all angles makes you off-balanced...period. He sprained his calves in both the Pacquiao fights from the pressure and running. Algieri was also fumbling all over the floor running around in cricles with Manny.

On the 7th round with Bradley, Manny hit him with a 10 punch combo that CHANGED the tie of the fight. Getting hit with power will make u change ur gameplan...and from then on Bradley was out of it, he had no choice but to generate that hail mary marquez shot that Marquez pulled out when he was getting beat up to luck his way to victory cause he sure as hell wasn't gonna win a decision.
                    Last edited by lamadoo; 03-05-2015, 07:12 AM.

Comment

He got hurt, got tired, and couldn't keep up.

Comment

Working...
                      X