Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Murray: I Don't Think Anybody at 160 Will Beat Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Murray: I Don't Think Anybody at 160 Will Beat Golovkin

Martin Murray has not lost hope that he will win a world championship despite his stoppage defeat to Gennady Golovkin.

The St Helens fighter was halted after 11 bruising rounds challenging for Golovkin’s WBA super world middleweight title in Monaco last weekend.

But Murray hasn’t lost hope that he can eventually claim world honours.

“It was a great learning fight for me and I’d more hopeful than ever that I’m going to be world champion,” he told Sky Sports News HQ.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think everyone at 160 has a great chance. As long as they dream hard enough and train hard enough anything is possible in life . Keep dreaming!

YEAH!!!!!!

- Bermuda

Comment

Originally posted by Bermuda View Post
      I think everyone at 160 has a great chance. As long as they dream hard enough and train hard enough anything is possible in life . Keep dreaming!

YEAH!!!!!!

- Bermuda

Comment

No one in the division. That's the issue. Golovkin does not belong there a men amongst (good) boys. If he's not fighting Cotto, Canelo, or Lemiuex next then he needs to move on... Don't waste away life with these club fights. Chase greatness, take risks.

Don't sit on your ass and complain no one will fight you. Make moves.

Comment

But little Cotto doe... Let's feed little Cotto to the beast doe to satisfy our hate for Rican fighters doe...

Comment

Originally posted by PeasantCrusha View Post
            But little Cotto doe... Let's feed little Cotto to the beast doe to satisfy our hate for Rican fighters doe...
            Shoukd he not fight the mandatory contender for his title? He has the option of walking away from the title and the division. He doesn't have to hold the strap hostage.

Comment

Even though he was beaten I got alot of respect for how Murray was in the ring. His attitude since has been nothing but honest and class. Hope the guy gets another big fight. As for GGG? heck he's a beast.

Comment

I wouldn't expect anything else out of Murray's mouth after the debilitating beating he took...

Golovkin is worthy of the co-sign... jus sayin what else could Martin possibly say...Although it is refreshing to see one fighter give the other their just due & not talk that "oh I just didn't feel right tonight" crap most spew after a pounding...

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                  Shoukd he not fight the mandatory contender for his title? He has the option of walking away from the title and the division. He doesn't have to hold the strap hostage.
                  I am with you. I think Cotto is too small for 160lbs and should mail the belt to GGG tomorrow.

That said, I would welcome a fight between GGG and Cotto but not for the same reason some people here want this fight. Lets face it, some people are calling for this fight not so much because they truly give a damn about GGG winning "belt," or think it is a great fight...No, they are praying for a one sided beatdown of Cotto. This is what haters prove when they are mum about their own countrymen, facing GGG. Again, Cotto is a tiny "middleweight..." No real business at that weight. It is what it is.
                  Last edited by PeasantCrusha; 02-26-2015, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Cotto is my guy but seriously the dude needs to stop posing as some legit MW champ. He beat a 50% Sergio Martinez and is riding the wave but he needs to take his lil a$$ back down to 154 (and even then he'll still outsized by alot of guys in THAT division). Nobody will (or should) hold it against Cotto for vacating the belt seeing that he's not a true MW.

Now hopefully the winner of Quillin vs Lee and/or Lemieux will man the f up this year.

Comment

Working...
                    X