Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Arum: Brandon Rios, Timothy Bradley and K-9 Bundrage The 3 Names We Gave Cotto"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disgusting............

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
      seriously dunn from the very beginning oscar was very clear to move the fight if floyd-pac, if you are not getting may 2 why make the ppv on may 9?, even if they wanted Hbo wanst going to let it happen, may 2 was out of the question if floyd-pac... now to have a regular hbo fight on may 9 it hurts nobody, it even helps ratings for both the replay and the actual fight...
      why will oscar be pissed at cotto if it was canelo who didnt want the fight ??
      I understand your point but its as if the only date canelo would fight Cotto is May 2. that's my problem-stop trying to fit the fight into the "takeover date from Floyd". It seems only about making canelo a star.

why would Cotto allow himself to be part of that? Canelo made all this about him being some star that he isn't.

The Caneo fight doesn't help ratings for the replay-the replay keeps viewers for the Canelo fight. In essence, canelo is still depending on Floyd for his viewers.

Canelo should be pissed at ODH, my bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        Bradley did 700-900K vs. Pacquiao twice, and he did 300K vs. Marquez. Rios had one PPV fight vs. Pacquiao, and by some reports, didn't even hit 300K.

Bradley is a more viable PPV option.
        Pac's drawing power had diminished by the time he faced Rios.

Doesn't matter to me because unless Cotto is facing Canelo or GGG, I'm not paying to see him fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
          Why sign a fight that you'll end up having to move? It's like trying to make May/Pac fight, but then say we'll only move it if it's Pats/Bronco's in the Super Bowl... Well why even make the fight for the Super Bowl? Make it a day that's open and where you'll maximize profit. Doing it the week after a $100 PPV is the dumbest **** I've ever heard.

Even you guys know that this fight in June in NY makes perfect sense, what you can't seem to admit is that Canelo is a p*ssy because he was too chicken **** to even entertain the idea. It wasn't even a consideration and you can tell when he announced a fight against Kirkland for May 2. He would honestly rather fight ANYONE over fighting Cotto in NY, it's sad.
          no need to sign a contract, you just have to agree to a fight and make adjustments from there, kirkland-canelo wasnt officially announced until after floyd-pac was announced , beater you know damn well that cotto wasnt waiting for a date and venue to be available, he was waiting for floyd... no need to go into that again since i know what you think (i agree mostly) and you know what i think...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            I understand your point but its as if the only date canelo would fight Cotto is May 2. that's my problem-stop trying to fit the fight into the "takeover date from Floyd". It seems only about making canelo a star.

why would Cotto allow himself to be part of that? Canelo made all this about him being some star that he isn't.

The Caneo fight doesn't help ratings for the replay-the replay keeps viewers for the Canelo fight. In essence, canelo is still depending on Floyd for his viewers.

Canelo should be pissed at ODH, my bad.
            the whole take over deal wasnt going to work if floyd-pac... we are pretending that canelo was going against floyd-pac, and that wasnt the case...
            gaby and oscar made it very clear that if floyd-pac then date and venue will be the most lucrative choice for all parts...

Comment

there is no optional Dunn, WBC already said it was only an exception for canelo , now i agree about K9 if cotto manages to get that fight sanctioned he will end up being a 2 division champion, still a çrapy fight but not much left available other than ggg... now regardless canelo waiting, the problem was that they found out cotto was waiting for floyd not canelo, that killed the fight and pissed oscar and canelo... just remeber oscar words "cotto had other plans", "the fight can still happen in the future but it will have to be under canelos terms", you can see they are pissed...
              stop being so damn salty. I already corrected you on another thread that when they found out that kirkland had the same adviser, that there was no ill will, or negative feelings towards them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                I doubt a fight vs. Rios or Bundrage would be on PPV. That's probably why they're pushing for Bradley.
                I'd be intersted to see if he'd take regular HBO money.
                HBO has a pretty full schedule from March to the end of May, I doubt they'd blow their load first half of the year.

If Cotto fights, it'll be a PPV IMO, unless he takes a pay cut

Comment

no need to sign a contract, you just have to agree to a fight and make adjustments from there, kirkland-canelo wasnt officially announced until after floyd-pac was announced , beater you know damn well that cotto wasnt waiting for a date and venue to be available, he was waiting for floyd... no need to go into that again since i know what you think (i agree mostly) and you know what i think...
                  Wait... you're actually saying that Canelo-Kirkland being announced AFTER Floyd/Pac is a good thing for Canelo? If there was nothing signed the fight in NY doesn't work now because... They didn't get to move it from Vegas? It's excuses like these as to why I keep responding, because you keep posting this nonsense. Cotto was waiting for Floyd, again, Canelo is the one got jealous that he was the side p*ssy and not the whole meal. That is not Cotto's problem, if Canelo had a problem with it he should beat it into Cotto's head, not Kirklands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                    Pac's drawing power had diminished by the time he faced Rios.

Doesn't matter to me because unless Cotto is facing Canelo or GGG, I'm not paying to see him fight.
                    I'll spend a $10 cover at a bar for Cotto-Bradley.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                      stop being so damn salty. I already corrected you on another thread that when they found out that kirkland had the same adviser, that there was no ill will, or negative feelings towards them.
                      and i replied to that and you came back with some lupe pintor çrap...
                      again you pointed gabys reactions, i pointed oscar reactions...
                      but still oscar is not pissed at gaby he is pissed at cotto...
                      why kill the messenger??

Comment

Working...
                      X