Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Arum: Brandon Rios, Timothy Bradley and K-9 Bundrage The 3 Names We Gave Cotto"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
    Wait... you're actually saying that Canelo-Kirkland being announced AFTER Floyd/Pac is a good thing for Canelo? If there was nothing signed the fight in NY doesn't work now because... They didn't get to move it from Vegas? It's excuses like these as to why I keep responding, because you keep posting this nonsense. Cotto was waiting for Floyd, again, Canelo is the one got jealous that he was the side p*ssy and not the whole meal. That is not Cotto's problem, if Canelo had a problem with it he should beat it into Cotto's head, not Kirklands.
    im saying the same thing could have done with cotto-canelo, just agree to fight and then get a date and venue depending on floyd-pac, but of course cotto wasnt going to agree if floyd was still available...

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
      and i replied to that and you came back with some lupe pintor çrap...
      again you pointed gabys reactions, i pointed oscar reactions...
      but still oscar is not pissed at gaby he is pissed at cotto...
      why kill the messenger??
      because you are talking bullsh^t. Show the proof that ODH is "pissed"

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
        im saying the same thing could have done with cotto-canelo, just agree to fight and then get a date and venue depending on floyd-pac, but of course cotto wasnt going to agree if floyd was still available...
        Do you not understand that it doesn't matter if Floyd was available? Let me try to explain this again...

If Cotto/Canelo happened, Floyd was fighting on May 2nd regardless, against someone other than Manny or Cotto. You have Floyd on PPV and Canelo on PPV... Canelo and Oscar don't mind undercutting their buys to stick to Floyd, Cotto doesn't. Again, why does fighting on May 2 make any sense when fighting a day Floyd isn't fighting would make more money?

Do you understand yet? If Cotto was asking for a lot of money, wouldn't that be why? Because he wants to get paid a fair fee, and if he has to go up against Floyd he isn't about to lose more money because Canelo and Oscar are jealous.

Anyway, I'm done with this topic officially. If you remove Canelo's nutsack from eyes and simply see things without blinders on you can see why this fight didn't happen. They're both in crap fights now, but even today there is only one guy who is signed to fight someone else while Cotto still has a June date in NY open.

Comment

• still amazes me what a 180 degree turn cotto's reputation took mid career

"fights anyone win or lose" they used to call him, now if you're crippled or 3 divisions down he MIGHT agree to fight you if the money is right

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
            because you are talking bullsh^t. Show the proof that ODH is "pissed"
            " (Cotto). He will never see that number again. Canelo gave him everything they wanted. If we're going to make a future deal down the line, in the future this year or next year, I guarantee that its going to be on Canelo's terms,"

http://www.boxingscene.com/de-la-hoy...ving-on--86432

Comment

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
              Do you not understand that it doesn't matter if Floyd was available? Let me try to explain this again...

If Cotto/Canelo happened, Floyd was fighting on May 2nd regardless, against someone other than Manny or Cotto. You have Floyd on PPV and Canelo on PPV... Canelo and Oscar don't mind undercutting their buys to stick to Floyd, Cotto doesn't. Again, why does fighting on May 2 make any sense when fighting a day Floyd isn't fighting would make more money?

Do you understand yet? If Cotto was asking for a lot of money, wouldn't that be why? Because he wants to get paid a fair fee, and if he has to go up against Floyd he isn't about to lose more money because Canelo and Oscar are jealous.

Anyway, I'm done with this topic officially. If you remove Canelo's nutsack from eyes and simply see things without blinders on you can see why this fight didn't happen. They're both in crap fights now, but even today there is only one guy who is signed to fight someone else while Cotto still has a June date in NY open.
              cottos team was cool with this from the very beginning...
              you even had gaby on record saying we will fight on may 2, we dont give a fuç about floyd, we wont change our plans for him...but then cotto became an option for floyd and everything changed...

Comment

• Originally posted by 80sFighter View Post
                still amazes me what a 180 degree turn cotto's reputation took mid career

"fights anyone win or lose" they used to call him, now if you're crippled or 3 divisions down he MIGHT agree to fight you if the money is right
                You left out being over 40 as well.

Comment

• Not too excited about any of these choices. If Tim or Rios had some experience at jmw then I would be down but not blown up. Cotto at least is used to fighting at a heavier weight. Cotto should just take the ggg challenge on pr parade weekend. And win or lose, retire afterwards.

Comment

• watch Cotto duck Rios and Bradley and go after K9 lmfao.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rikanlynx86 View Post
                      Not too excited about any of these choices. If Tim or Rios had some experience at jmw then I would be down but not blown up. Cotto at least is used to fighting at a heavier weight. Cotto should just take the ggg challenge on pr parade weekend. And win or lose, retire afterwards.
                      yup seems pretty logical to me but the diva cotto is trying to rob the fans of the most money he can before he gets retired, so expect a ton of these blown up light weights in his future till he gets one last money fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X