No announcement yet.

Official Floyd Mayweather- Manny Pacquiao Postfight aftermath discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrTambourineMan View Post
    It makes perfect sense. Floyd's career is a carefully plotted gimmick. The Pac Man's is legit, Full of challenges.
    Is it just me or does Floyd seem like he doesn't care about boxing anymore? Like he's just going thru the motions.

Lil pacroid seems to want it bad.

Sometimes that's enough.

Comment

• Ok, Tua, you talked me into it. I am putting 500 on Pac.

Rent can wait!

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        I think pac wins, pre

Weeks ago I though pac had small chance.

For some reason, I have this feeling pac will blow him out. Tko or wide decision.

Don't know why. Doesn't make sense but I have a feeling Floyd doesn't want it. Like he's done with boxing something.
        Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        me too...

he's made a legacy out of pulling fights where he had no shot...this would be the ultimate icing on the cake

typhoon coming
        I share this sentiment.

The Pacmonster thrives under pressure and the big lights.

"It will be ahhhh, historic fight"

Comment

Is it just me or does Floyd seem like he doesn't care about boxing anymore? Like he's just going thru the motions.

Sometimes that's enough.

jas made a great point about that...notice he brought back the log chopping routine to 'go back to his roots'

means he was just going thru the motions the last few fights and is forcing himself to get into this one

Comment

• Originally posted by Hype job View Post
            I share this sentiment.

The Pacmonster thrives under pressure and the big lights.

"It will be ahhhh, historic fight"

as the great GGG would say 'its a big drama show'

Comment

• Comment

Sometimes that's enough.
                Remember after the Cotto fight Floyd talked about retirement?

"That mother****er made me want to retire!"

I felt like that with the Maidana fights also, Floyd didn't have the 'it' factor

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post

Comment

• The way to break the Mayvinci code is to ensure you don't let Floyd win the ends of rounds. He wins the rounds mostly because he manages to evade and block clean punches for the majority of the round if the opponent is aggressive, and when the opponent gets into a false sense of security thinking he won the round (let's say like in Maidana 1), they ship a clean combination at the end of the round which leads to Floyd stealing rounds.

Essentially you need to maintain a solid and steady pace throughout a round and ensure you don't gas out by the end of each round. Swarming Floyd doesn't work as it's almost impossible to hit him clean, even when swarming him on the ropes.

As with Maidana and also ODH, you cannot fade down the stretch because that is where Floyd steals the fights.

Is Pacquiao the right fighter to implement the plan? Hard to say...you'd hope he forces Floyd into a real fight but it's likely that Floyd will be able to JUST squeeze a decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                      This one is better.

Comment

Working...
                      X