No announcement yet.

Official Floyd Mayweather- Manny Pacquiao Postfight aftermath discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxingscene.com wtf I been waiting this post for far to long
    Floyd lovers are shook. He don't need pac.

Comment

• Guess my Pac sources are right, i knew that it will be announced

This fight doesnt need a promo, fight of our generations!

Pac gets him!

Comment

• Comment

• I think Floyd will win, but I still want to watch the fight.

Comment

• I'm glad they made the fight, but I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed the morning of May 3.

It wouldn't be fair to write Pacquiao off given his past accomplishments but Pacquiao's recent fights don't bode well for his prospects against Mayweather. Since being knocked out cold by Marquez, two of Pacquiao's three fights have been against thoroughly outclassed opposition. The Rios fight was a joke, and the fight against Algieri was a total comedy. Algieri, who Pacquiao couldn't even finish, is not exactly the ideal Mayweather warm-up.

Mayweather, while clearly slowing a bit as he ages, has faced much better opposition in recent fights. He made Canelo Alvarez, a much larger fighter considered by many to be one of the best young fighters in the sport, look like an amateur, and he beat a game Marcos Maidana twice.

While I expect Pacquiao to be well-prepared for this fight, I think the generally poor quality of Pacquiao's recent opposition and Mayweather's much lower level of wear and tear will give Mayweather significant advantages.

Most importantly, Pacquiao's success as an elite fighter has always been tied to his explosiveness, and a lot of the people who see him beating Floyd see him beating Floyd by KO. But Manny hasn't scored a knockout since 2009.

Floyd, on the other hand, has never been knocked out, and only hurt on a few occasions. Despite the fact that he isn't moving the way he did 10 fights ago, Floyd has proven in recent fights that he's still a great boxer, so I think it's much more likely that he's able to execute a winning strategy than Pacquiao, who basically needs to do something he hasn't been able to do in years.

Mayweather by UD, but if Pacquiao gets wild and makes mistakes, as he's proven prone to do, don't be surprised if a motivated Mayweather sends him to the canvas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
              A few of us watched Arm Wrasslin' in the last FNF thread.

Shit was pretty intense.

or that too...i just pray Jessie Vargas or Ishe Smith isn't on the card

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
                Yup he was, Floyd was just boxed in a corner and has no choice but to put up!

A cat has to fight when cornered. That's how cats are
                when you go back and review your posting history you are going to look like an utter idiot.

Spin away, spoon. Manny is getting 10% less ppv yet taking the same drug tests as he would've if he hadn't of walked away.

Comment

• Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                  Yawn.

Would have preferred Sergio Mora vs Peter Quillin for May 2nd.
                  Sergio Mora has a boss. Lou Dibella. Peter Quillin is his own boss. Peter Quillin is the A-side. Peter Quillin wants to fight Sergio Mora. The fans want Quillin vs Mora. But boxing is a business. And Sergio Mora has Brian Vera problems. Where was Sergio Mora when Peter Quillin was beating N'Dam and Winky Wright?

Comment

• Waaaarrrrrrr!!!! Money mayweather!!!!!

Comment

• Very excited for the fight. Only thing that could go wrong here is a bad ref.

Comment

Working...
                      X