• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sup spark man

How's the training going?

Comment

• Originally posted by King_ View Post
      Easy work Floyd. I honestly believe Pac lunges in wildly like he did against JMM and gets put to sleep by the 3rd round. This will most likely be his last fight, IMO. He's had a fantastic career and now he's about to cash out BIG time.

Still can't believe this is happening, though.

War Boxing!
      Bollocks.

It won't be easy for either, Floyd isn't knocking Manny out either.

Comment

• Originally posted by sparkman0811 View Post
        Think I'm going with Pacquiao on this one. The obvious pic is Mayweather, but I'm not too confident Mayweather will be able to adjust to Pacman's style. Pac brings way too many strengths that are hard on Mayweather's style: speed, volume, feints, and southpaw stance.

Speed/Volume: I don't see Mayweather timing Pacquiao. It's one thing to time a guy who throws a 2 or 3 punch combo, but Pacquiao at times throws 6-7 punch combos and has much more speed than past opponents. Pot shotting is not gonna do the trick, Marquez had success because he is a combination counter puncher, Mayweather isn't. Speed will be a factor in this fight. Yes, at times Pacquiao is predictable, but the speed is there. I can see Mayweather potshotting after Pacquiao's first 2 jabs in his 1-1-2 combos, though. Pac needs to feint a lot. I think Pacs feints are gonna bother Mayweather, and this is gonna mess his timing up. Feints, force mayweather to back up into ropes, and throw 6-7 punch combos.

Southpaw stance: Battle of stances for Pacquiao is a plus. He has had success against his orthodox opponents, but against Mayweather he will have to make use of lead lefts more often. In terms of adjusting to stance, you have to favor Pacquiao given how often each has faced orthodox or southpaw stances. I think the lead left hand can have success with the head or chest target easier than orthodox stance punches,

Power: I think Pac's power will surprise Mayweather, since it comes with speed. It's not ncessarily a thudding kind of punch like Maidana, but it's the speed that really does the trick. I think Pacquiao may drop Mayweather, similar to how he dropped Mosley: off of a feint. More of a push kind of knockdown too, or off balance.

Again, I just think Pacquiao brings way too many factors that go against Mayweather's timing style: speed, power, volume, feints, southpaw stance. I think it will be hard for him to adjust to all these things.

Like people have said, Mayweather must keep the fight in the center of the ring. I think he has a good chance of boxing Pacquiao; pulling back when he sees Pacquioa coming in, turn him, make Pacquiao reset. Mayweather can control the tempo this way, and with clinching. But, will there be enough Mayweather offense to warrant a victory? I don't think potshotting will do the trick, he will have to be busier against Pacquiao, but this means having to engage more and be left open for Pacs offense, speed, volume, power. I don't see Mayweather winning this fight.

Think Pac Monster is showing up for this fight, given what it means for the history books.
        Excellent post even though I disagree with some points. I hope we can have more discussion and debate like this as opposed to the childish trolling.

Comment

• Floyd counter shots are going to keep Manny at bay and keep him humble all through the fight. Mayweather is pretty fast too so his speed won't be much of an advantage for him over Mayweather. Floyd has the reach, size and the defense. Pacquiao swings wild sometimes losing his balance. Also Manny is not a physical fighter like using his body to push opponents around. All Floyd has to do is stay off the ropes and keep pacquiao from letting his hands go crazy. I pick Floyd in 2008 and am again in 2015.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            Bollocks.

I hope it's as a competitive match as can be. I just don't know man, Manny's body has a lot of mileage on it. Five years ago I had Manny, but right now I just feel like he might be a bit too "fragile."

With that said, Floyd did get touched up against Maidana a bit as well and even a 2015 Manny Pac is certainly more of a threat then Maidana. But I just have a feeling Manny will get wild and start lunging in if he gets frustrated in the opening rounds.

If Manny can stay disciplined throughout, it'll be interesting.... But I think Floyd's gonna set him up brilliantly, frustrate him- and put Manny to sleep.

We'll see.

Comment

• Idiots saying Floyd knocks manny out

Look at his recent fights

For goodness sakes

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
                Idiots saying Floyd knocks manny out

For goodness sakes
                Lol. This fight is not ending in KO. I will be shocked if it ends by stoppage.

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
                  Idiots saying Floyd knocks manny out

For goodness sakes

What's with the name calling?

It's not that crazy to think Floyd could/would knock out Manny at this point in their careers...

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    Bollocks.

Do you think pac will ko floyd

Comment

• Originally posted by King_ View Post
                      I hope it's as a competitive match as can be. I just don't know man, Manny's body has a lot of mileage on it. Five years ago I had Manny, but right now I just feel like he might be a bit too "fragile."

With that said, Floyd did get touched up against Maidana a bit as well and even a 2015 Manny Pac is certainly more of a threat then Maidana. But I just have a feeling Manny will get wild and start lunging in if he gets frustrated in the opening rounds.

If Manny can stay disciplined throughout, it'll be interesting.... But I think Floyd's gonna set him up brilliantly, frustrate him- and put Manny to sleep.

We'll see.
                      Manny is not physically bigger and stronger than Maidana. I am calling it Floyd UD 8rds to 4 but not ruling out Roach stopping it due to Pacquiao getting countered too much.

Comment

Working...
                      X