No announcement yet.

Official Floyd Mayweather- Manny Pacquiao Postfight aftermath discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
    Some fights are alike... Garcia and Peterson just so happens to be a fight that couldn't be any more different from May vs Pac but I'm not expecting you to understand that.
    I think you needed to read the last few posts to understand. Initially it was about the Floyd fan saying "Floyd's movement gave him the ring generalship" credit. I used Peterson and Lara to point out that you need to do more than just move.

then I added this:
    Vegas being bias. If Floyd did the same as Peterson in those first 6 rounds, I bet you that no way the Vegas judges would have given Garcia a 5-1 and 6-0 lead over Floyd. NO WAY!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post

Told you guys Floyd is a god. There is always a reason why Floyd cannot be hit. In this sequence even if floyd missed, coming from brickthecityboxing it's pac's fault he couldn't pull the trigger lol

Floyd never makes mistakes hahaha

These dumb schmucks are the dumbest fan base ever existed. I swear lol
      You have to be the single most dumb.... whatever... I said "Floyd missed badly". I'll make it even more clear "he looked ****** throwing that punch" but the reason why Manny lost and will never beat a guy like Mayweather is that Floyd rarely makes any mistakes and if you miss the opportunity to capitalize on them like Pacquiao did in that very sequence another opportunity might not present itself for the remainder of the fight.

Pac could've made Floyd pay right there, dearly, like a said before he could've even dropped him. Floyd was way out of position defensively and was way off balance it wouldn't have took much of a punch to drop him... instead Pac hopped backwards and allowed Floyd to reset his feet. opportunity squandered.

Comment

• thread is only alive because you guys keep responding to these two idiots.

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
          Peterson cannot and did not regularly and consistently do... And no, Vegas judges wouldn't have treated him kindly if he used Peterson's poor man's defensive tactics.

I like how in the second gif you posted you can clearly see Floyd slip almost all of Manny's punches until Manny gets a little desperate and tries to hold Floyd's head down with his forearm and hit him with his free hand. But of course that's a perfectly legit tactic in their eyes ... haha ... since when is holding and hitting cool?

Comment

• One handed...hugging...running...biased judges...slomo...Pac actually won.

Did I miss anything?

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
              I see the point you're trying to make but it's wrong. I'm not going to go back and rewatch Garcia Peterson but that fight was a majority decision. I'm not going by the first six rounds, I'm going by the entire fight. Garcia BARELY won and many thought he really lost. A fight doesn't end at 6 rounds, it ends at 12. Plus Peterson's punch output was too low which is probably why he lost. He barely outlanded Garcia. If that was Floyd he may or may not have gotten the benefit of the doubt from the judges but like I said I believe Peterson was the true winner in that fight as I believe Floyd is the true winner in his fight with Manny. The DIFFERENCE between those fights is that Floyd did more comparatively than Peterson did.
              Well, I brought up the example, so I should know what the example was about. I pointed it out in each of my posts. It was about the first 6 rounds. Peterson did not get credit for his movement. You brought up that movement constituted ring generalship. So I used that and the Lara fight as examples.

Notice how others need to work to win a round? Floyd gets all the close ones and some where Floyd should not have won. Being that the fights are fought in Vegas has something to do with that. Peterson, for example, finally got credit for his rounds but that happened only when he became the aggressor and hit Garcia with hard clean punches. Floyd didn't do that in some of those close rounds that the Vegas judges gave him. Floyd gets those rounds by default.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                I think you needed to read the last few posts to understand. Initially it was about the Floyd fan saying "Floyd's movement gave him the ring generalship" credit. I used Peterson and Lara to point out that you need to do more than just move.

then I added this:
                Vegas being bias. If Floyd did the same as Peterson in those first 6 rounds, I bet you that no way the Vegas judges would have given Garcia a 5-1 and 6-0 lead over Floyd. NO WAY!!!
                Why wouldn't they ? they gave Maidana credit for his work in the early rounds in the first fight. Floyd was at like a 4-2, maybe 5-1 defecit, going into the 6th against Maidana. Heck one judge even scored the fight for Maidana IN VEGAS! Lets not forget about the Canelo "draw" either In Vegas... if Floyd ran around like a chicken with his head cut off for 6 rounds, refused to engage and got outlanded.. while throwing and missing somewhere around 10 punches per... you'd better believe he doesn't get credit for those rounds. But you are going to believe what you want I'm sure... Just look at the Maidana scorecards keep in mind IN VEGAS!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
                  thread is only alive because you guys keep responding to these two idiots.
                  and if we don't keep responding they are going to be set free into the other threads... I'd much rather put in my 20 minutes a day of mindless back and forth with them and keep them contained to one area for the sake of the realm...

Comment

• Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
                    thread is only alive because you guys keep responding to these two idiots.
                    I'm done really and I've had to repeat the same thing. Just to add, these two particular posters aren't acting any different before the fight was signed, it's no coincidence we're seeing it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
                      and if we don't keep responding they are going to be set free into the other threads... I'd much rather put in my 20 minutes a day of mindless back and forth with them and keep them contained to one area for the sake of the realm...
                      They're opinion doesn't really differ from your own, it's more that they enjoy going back and forth. It's useless really.

Comment

Working...
                      X