Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Floyd Mayweather- Manny Pacquiao Postfight aftermath discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is desperation to find a certain style which gives Mayweather trouble. Last thing left, the southpaw MYTH.

Also, why does Zab always get brought up in comparison to Manny. It's very convenient to bring him up because he's southpaw. Look, Zab is a fighter with long reach like Mayweather who fights tactically and can't handle pressure. Manny has much shorter reach than Zab and fights aggressively, all i can say is they aren't very similar beside the southpaw stance.

Zab's success against Mayweather is exaggerated. He had a good first two rounds, landed a good shot at the start of round 4, then got walked down and not only beaten, but beaten up.

Comment

• Luckily for Manny, Algieri wasn't smart enough to know that he's suppose to pivot after Pacquiao shoots, not bounce around (Make it harder on yourself to measure distance) then pivot, that's counterproductive. I mean Algieri never had a shot to begin with but I certainly didn't expect him to be that ******. Even then, I wasn't impressed with Pacquiao's footwork that fight either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
        There is desperation to find a certain style which gives Mayweather trouble. Last thing left, the southpaw MYTH.

Also, why does Zab always get brought up in comparison to Manny. It's very convenient to bring him up because he's southpaw. Look, Zab is a fighter with long reach like Mayweather who fights tactically and can't handle pressure. Manny has much shorter reach than Zab and fights aggressively, all i can say is they aren't very similar beside the southpaw stance.

Zab's success against Mayweather is exaggerated. He had a good first two rounds, landed a good shot at the start of round 4, then got walked down and not only beaten, but beaten up.
        It wasn't an exaggeration...technically, Mayweather went down (his glove touched the canvas) but wasn't counted by the referee. Credit to the prowess of Mayweather in adjusting in beating up Zab Judah...no question about that. But we cannot discount what happened...

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
          Luckily for Manny, Algieri wasn't smart enough to know that he's suppose to pivot after Pacquiao shoots, not bounce around (Make it harder on yourself to measure distance) then pivot, that's counterproductive. I mean Algieri never had a shot to begin with but I certainly didn't expect him to be that ******. Even then, I wasn't impressed with Pacquiao's footwork that fight either.
          Man, his trainer never let him get out of his cage. Nothing else happened that fight. He forgot the key in the hotel room

Comment

• Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
            There is desperation to find a certain style which gives Mayweather trouble. Last thing left, the southpaw MYTH.

This is without me looking at the stats but don't they have the same reach? Even then, Pacquiao knows how to get good extension on his punches, one of his better qualities.

Comment

Luckily for Manny, Algieri wasn't smart enough to know that he's suppose to pivot after Pacquiao shoots, not bounce around (Make it harder on yourself to measure distance) then pivot, that's counterproductive. I mean Algieri never had a shot to begin with but I certainly didn't expect him to be that ******. Even then, I wasn't impressed with Pacquiao's footwork that fight either.
              In other words...doesn't matter what one says or Pacquiao's accomplisments on the ring, you weren't impressed with Pacquiao. Period.

What's unnerving, if I may interject, is minimalizing and marginalizing both fighters in Mayweather and Pacquiao. Both are legendary fighters with their prowess and arguably both are the best fighters we have in this time and could possibly be one of the best ever in all of boxing.

Both camps of the fighters are into this extreme pissing match and denigrating of the other. Why don't we just enjoy the fight of our time and just be thankful of who we have.

Comment

• i'm impressed with fraud's winning most of his 3 last bouts by majority decisions.

he's slick doe...
                Last edited by Kuyukut; 02-25-2015, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fabie View Post
                  In other words...doesn't matter what one says or Pacquiao's accomplisments on the ring, you weren't impressed with Pacquiao. Period.

What's unnerving, if I may interject, is minimalizing and marginalizing both fighters in Mayweather and Pacquiao. Both are legendary fighters with their prowess and arguably both are the best fighters we have in this time and could possibly be one of the best ever in all of boxing.

Both camps of the fighters are into this extreme pissing match and denigrating of the other. Why don't we just enjoy the fight of our time and just be thankful of who we have.
                  I've never been known to play that game, this isn't anything new though, most of us already know about some of Pacquiao's weaknesses but that hasn't stopped him from usually overcoming.

Comment

• Originally posted by fabie View Post
                    It wasn't an exaggeration...technically, Mayweather went down (his glove touched the canvas) but wasn't counted by the referee. Credit to the prowess of Mayweather in adjusting in beating up Zab Judah...no question about that. But we cannot discount what happened...
                    I weren't even talking about the knockdown i just meant the fight in general but yeah now you bring that up, another thing that's exaggerated.

Yes, by the letter of the law it's a knockdown. Looking at it you can clearly see he wasn't hurt by the punch, he was hit while being in a awkward position. If he was rocked like vs Mosley for example and touched the canvas but it weren't called a knockdown then i could understand.

Comment

This is without me looking at the stats but don't they have the same reach? Even then, Pacquiao knows how to get good extension on his punches, one of his better qualities.
                      Judah has a 5 inch reach over Pacquiao.

Comment

Working...
                      X