No announcement yet.

Official Floyd Mayweather- Manny Pacquiao Postfight aftermath discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
    Don't know if this has been mentioned yet cause so many pages to go through but remember when we suddenly heard about Donaire's shoulder after losing to Rigo? not saying it's made up but.....
    The commission already confirmed they knew of the injury before the fight happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
      I don't know what fight some of you were watching but Floyd hardly "dominated" Manny. When it came to offense both men were lacking but Manny certainly landed the hard shots and was the aggressor.

Mayweather excelled in the defense department but also clinched and held a lot early.

The problem with Mayweather fights are that his opponents tend to have to do a lot more work to get credit and win rounds. Watching the fight both men threw about the same and landed the same but since you're fighting Mayweather that isn't enough.

Good evenly matched fight but when you're fighting the hometown boy you got to do a lot more and sadly Pacquiao didn't do that.
      Exactly, well said.

It was close, and Holyfield and Mosely even said PAc won it and they were at ring side seeing the action first hand.
      Last edited by Spoon23; 05-03-2015, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• There were pac fans crying in thr CC theater. Crying!!

Pac got embarrased and floyd made case for TBE. Floyd looked unbeatable

Comment

• Last night, it was just a different class of fighters. As great as Manny is, he was out of his league. Period.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
            Don't know if this has been mentioned yet cause so many pages to go through but remember when we suddenly heard about Donaire's shoulder after losing to Rigo? not saying it's made up but.....
            the difference though..it's documented that they did approach the NSAC about allowing an anti-inflammatory shot BEFORE the fight...It wasn't approved.

So something was definitely bothering him.

But whatever. Manny handled the post interview very badly saying he thought won the fight. Now he's getting no sympathy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
              Exactly, well said.

It was close, and Holyfield and Mosely even said PAc won it.
              He didn't win it though, and I'm a Pac fan. He won 3-4 rounds at best. He wasn't severely outboxed as some of the rounds were close but he did not make a great account for himself. If I had to say it was one of Mayweathers easiest fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
                The commission already confirmed they knew of the injury before the fight happened.
                Yeah on the night of the fight lol... like i said i'm not saying he didn't have a shoulder issue but it's always convinient to bring this stuff up after a conclusive loss.

Pacquiao has received some backlash for the excuse but i can't help thinking Mayweather would get slaughtered on here if he blamed his shoulder after losing to Pacquiao.

Comment

• Originally posted by V.WEBB View Post
                  Manny lost to a............

Cherry picking, fraud, chicken, coward, scared, shook, ******, illiterate, brittle handed, 38 year old that doesn't even like boxing.

Here's something for all the rabid, nonsensical Manny fans who undoubtedly are in pain this bright and sunny Sunday, May 03, 2015.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                    He didn't win it though, and I'm a Pac fan. He won 3-4 rounds at best. He wasn't severely outboxed as some of the rounds were close but he did not make a great account for himself. If I had to say it was one of Mayweathers easiest fights.
                    Watch it again.

Focus on pac's effective aggression pushing floyd over and over through the ropes, and throwing awkward shots that were landing on Floyd's head and body.

You'll see that both fighters punch output was almost even.

Or you can say Floyd threw plenty weak jabs more but pac through heavier per round power shots to the head and body, and can argue those rounds weren't clear and can go either way, but because it was the hometown boys bulwark he got the round.
                    Last edited by Spoon23; 05-03-2015, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• Damn, it's easy to get in this thread today. P@ct@rdia is a broken place right now. Lol. It will get better guys...

Comment

Working...
                      X