Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Cotto's leading candidates are Bradley, Rios and Algieri?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Cotto's leading candidates are Bradley, Rios and Algieri?

Are these proper opponents for his first middleweight title defense?

Seems like Arum is really trying to push for Bradley to get the shot or Rios, but Algieri could be an option for Cotto all fights would be at a catchweight.

Roach is pushing for Cotto to fight Khan at 155, or Rios.

I never saw a problem with Rios, Bradley or Algieri fighting Pacquiao at 147 or above 140 since they are pretty much bigger than him, but going up to 160? come on man, I hope this isn't true at all. If it is I will still watch but the only ones to gain anything from this are Cotto's opponents, its a lose lose for Cotto.

At least face a junior middleweight guy or middleweight guy for your first title defend at middleweight.

Doubt Algieri would get a look coming off that loss.

Plus why would Arum do him a favor when he turned down the TC fight? Arum will push for his guys.

Either way, if those are the three options, those are all crap

Comment

I like Cotto but these are horrible fights. Horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
        Doubt Algieri would get a look coming off that loss.

Plus why would Arum do him a favor when he turned down the TC fight? Arum will push for his guys.

Either way, if those are the three options, those are all crap
        Algieri wanted big money for the Crawford fight, he felt he had a bigger name than Crawford because he headlined a ppv and fought Pacquiao already.

Reminds me of Clottey, Clottey turned down good money because he got like 4 million to fight Pacquiao and wanted the same type of money to fight again.

this type of monetary demand only comes from Pacquiao opponents, you never see Floyd opponents demanding more money after they fight him, maybe its because you get paid more money facing Pacquiao than Floyd?

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
          I like Cotto but these are horrible fights. Horrible.
          I agree 100%.

None of these fights is something I need to see.

Comment

Cotto should just drop stay at 154 and drop the MW belt. You won it, now quit embarrassing yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by PeasantCrusha View Post
              I agree 100%.

None of these fights is something I need to see.
              But you know you will watch them. It has that freak show appeal similar to when Oscar called out Pacquiao, fans didn't agree with it and were pissed at Oscar and wanted to boycott the fight, only for Pacquiao to do a number on him.

I think Rios has a legit chance though, that dude is a huge guy he walks around at 180, and he fights similar to Margarito and applies crazy pressure and has an iron chin. Cotto hates pressure fighters.

Cotto is what 5 foot 5 and half and Rios is 5 foot 9.

Comment

Bradley is an average feather fisted fighter
                Rios is ****
                Algieri is utter ****

These guys are just average fighters like Clottey was but have the chance of being with Arum who has a gift to brainwash people into thinking ****ty fighters are some kind of beasts with low budget weak as$ promotion that works everytime with mentally ******ed people.

Comment

Bob Arum cares about the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                    Bob Arum cares about the fans.
                    Bob Arum cares about glorifying his 5 bums stable and make them fight each other 2, 3, 4 times and more...

Comment

Working...
                    X