Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters that didn't reach full potential?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
    I know some may disagree but both Kelly Pavlik and Jermaine Taylor come to mind.

By the way some really good picks for this thread.
    Jermaine Taylor accomplished more then Pavlik. He defeated B Hop which has not proved to be an easy task. Kelly Pavlik on the other hand really didn't do much after capturing the title. He was one single uppercut away from being a no body.

Comment

DG, dude will be the gate keeper in 2 years...

Comment

Vernon Forrest
        Joan Guzman
        Riddick Bowe

Comment

Edwin vernafo

Comment

James Kirkland. Legal problems, trainer problems & ring inactivity is this mans worst enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
              I know some may disagree but both Kelly Pavlik and Jermaine Taylor come to mind.

By the way some really good picks for this thread.
              Pavlik could have done more but he was always going to be vulnerable to classy boxers with his fairly basic style.

Taylor I agree, i think he was ruined more mentally than anything by the Pavlik KO loss, and his stamina issues let him down.

Comment

I agree with most people on this thread. Hamed comes to mind cuz he could of been an all time great. Tyson had the most potential and showed it early on but against weak competition, when competition got more interesting he stopped training or caring. But i still consider Tyson an all time great, so he reached a lot.

I also think David haye had all the natural abilities of a great fighter but when it mattered most he didnt use them.

Comment

Originally posted by f15bone View Post
                  Mark Breland
                  Hector Camacho
                  Howard Davis Jr.
                  Tony Ayala
                  Mark Breland, good example.

Very good fighter and whilst having a good career he was expected to do some much more after his sterling amateur run. The Starling fight defintely did some damage.

Howard Davis, another good example. Ridiculous hand speed.

Comment

Comment

If andre ward isn't back in the ring this year he's on this list

Comment

Working...
                      X