Collapse
No announcement yet.

Define the distinction between the hardcore vs armchair fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardcore fans know a few fighters and most importantly they understand the sport.

Casuals know nothing. They don't know many fighters names. And can't analyse a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by freethinkersam View Post
      I'd be interested to you hear your sentiments.
      Well the "hardcore" are just fanboys calling people armchair fans to make themselves feel better.

Comment

Originally posted by freethinkersam View Post
        I'd be interested to you hear your sentiments.
        Last 4 websites visited by a casual:

Amazon
        Netflix
        Tube8
        Youtube- justin beiber

Last 4 websites visited by a hardcore fan:

Boxingscene
        Netflix
        Tube8
        Youtube - Chavez v Taylor
        Last edited by Infamous; 02-11-2015, 04:27 PM.

Comment

arm chair fan: "Broner will be the next fighter of the decade."

Comment

Main difference imo.....

Hardcore fans can sit through a "boring" boxing match

Armchair fans cant

Hardcore fans watch as much old videos of fighters as possible to learn more about their style and the opponents they faced

armchair fans listen to espn, twitter and social media for oppinions on fighters instead of establishing their own, well, thoughout comments.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              If you can't name all 4 straweight title holders you are an armchair fan

lol. please.

you should call me an armchair fan, then. i had media credentials for several years, and have put thousands of hours into following this sport and its history, but what do i know? basically every member of a major broadcast team, most of the top flight promotors, virtually every manager and trainer in the sport should be called an armchair fan, too.

you don't need to care about who holds alphabet titles in divisions that hardly ever produce decent fighters. you just don't. you're wasting your time that could be spent on looking into and following more relevant aspects of the sport or its history, or getting outside.

Comment

it is like ****ography.

you know it when you see it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                  Main difference imo.....

Hardcore fans can sit through a "boring" boxing match

Armchair fans cant

Hardcore fans watch as much old videos of fighters as possible to learn more about their style and the opponents they faced

armchair fans listen to espn, twitter and social media for oppinions on fighters instead of establishing their own, well, thoughout comments.

unless it is of major significance, i am done doing this. i'm not talking about tactical fights. i'm talking about bad fights. they exist.

you don't need to waste your friday nights watching awful fights on showbox or espn to be a "hardcore fan." you just don't. i am done doing it. i get up and leave my house, move on to something more meaningful to do at home, whatever. get outside and do something more productive than watching a bad boxing match. watch an old, good boxing match. you will get 100X as much out of your time watching joe louis than you will watching mercito gesta.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                    Good question. I would say that hardcore fans are the ones that follow boxing regularly or, dare I say, religiously. They are the ones who will watch virtually all if not all boxing matches that come on television and also attend live events when they can. Many of them have been following boxing for 10, 20 or even 30 or more years. After a while, they start to become knowledgeable about boxing and are able to identify styles, skills and behaviors that even so-called experts and television commentators don't notice. For example, Manny Pacquaio has a habit of dropping his left hand to his side when he throws his right hand. That is how he got KO'd by Marquez.

Casual fans are the ones who only watch boxing when a major event like Mayweather/Pacquaio, Mayweather/Alvarez or Mayweather/De La Hoya comes on television. They act like experts, but it is obvious that they are nothing more than Superbowl fans (those who only watch pro football when the Superbowl comes on). Some of these casual fans are the very ones that go on television acting like experts, like Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless.
                    It Is really surprising that you used Manny Pacquiao as your example. Perhaps the true title of this thread should have been...... How to tell the difference between a true hater and a troll.

Comment

Hardcore fans watch boxing on tv and attend live events when possible.

Casual fans don't go to fights and don't watch fights unless they are out and the fight just happens to be on.

Comment

Working...
                      X