No announcement yet.

Fight contracts Splits decided on outcome

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight contracts Splits decided on outcome

Why aren't fight contracts set up on the basis of the outcome rather than perceived draw in terms of audience?
    Would this make close match up's easier to make?
    What are the pitfalls of this approach?

I think a guy who's a bigger draw deserves a bigger cut, but in circumstances where both guys are well known I don't comprehend why ar arbitrator isn't used. If its a voluntary fight and both sides can't agree somebody independent needs to be brought in. There's too many big fights that don't happen because of this non sense.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
      I think a guy who's a bigger draw deserves a bigger cut, but in circumstances where both guys are well known I don't comprehend why ar arbitrator isn't used. If its a voluntary fight and both sides can't agree somebody independent needs to be brought in. There's too many big fights that don't happen because of this non sense.
      I think if there was more emphasis on winning in contracts maybe more top fighters would fight each other?

Comment

Originally posted by Funky_Monk View Post
        I think if there was more emphasis on winning in contracts maybe more top fighters would fight each other?
        Honestly, it's boxing lol it's such a bizarre business I think guys would just walk away from those contracts and fight guys who are willing to have a traditional pay split.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
          Honestly, it's boxing lol it's such a bizarre business I think guys would just walk away from those contracts and fight guys who are willing to have a traditional pay split.
          Yeah true I mean when do sense and boxing share beds
          Hahaha oh well

Comment

Because boxing is a corrupt business

Comment

Originally posted by Funky_Monk View Post
              Yeah true I mean when do sense and boxing share beds
              Hahaha oh well
              Lol not happening anytime time soon. Only when boxing starts losing money will things change, until then guys will continually be over paid to fight non threats.

Comment

Bradley/Pacquiao I
                Rios/Abril
                De la Hoya/Sturm

The list goes on and on. Purse should be based on accomplishments combined with popularity/drawing power. The right guy doesn't always get the decision in boxing but he shouldn't lose his a part of his purse because of the judges incompetence.

Comment

because its just a dumb way to do business

you do know everyone gets paid a percentage of what the fighter makes right?

So the promoters, Trainer, Cutman, Sparring Partners, everyone will get jipped in this business model.
                  Last edited by CANELOLUJAH; 02-11-2015, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Checc View Post
                    because its just a dumb way to do business

you do know everyone gets paid a percentage of what the fighter makes right?

So the promoters, Trainer, Cutman, Sparring Partners, everyone will get jipped in this business model.
                    How? It's effectively a bonus scheme for all those people?

Comment

Working...
                    X