Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Mexican fighters change their "mindless brawler" image?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only people who think Mexicans are all mindless brawlers are the same idiots who think every black fighter is a defensive runner.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      You recycle jokes all the time. Pot meet kettle

Like I said, if you have such a problem with me and can't take the first joke I said, then have to hit below the belt (pun intended) in response to my joke about you and Vaga disowning your Mexican heritage, go to the Thunderdome
      Im hitting below the belt calling you out on your obvious gayness? your selfie you posted screams "I'M QUEERCULES" LEL. you make the thread if you want to so bad I'm having fun making you my b1tch here

Comment

This is by far one of the weakest back and forth sessions I've seen any two posters have on here

back to the topic at hand.

this is great for any fan of boxing. I think it'll only develop better all around boxers from Mexico and help further their careers as both amateurs and pros.
        Last edited by hhs661; 02-11-2015, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
          Im hitting below the belt calling you out on your obvious gayness? your selfie you posted screams "I'M QUEERCULES" LEL. you make the thread if you want to so bad I'm having fun making you my b1tch here
          I'm dying to see what you look like, can you post a picture in that thread in the lounge?

You're not making anyone your b*tch, claiming victory as always yet you're "disses" stink of "I'm 16 and eating my coco puffs about to go to school because it's 8:00"

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Hans Landa View Post
            I think when they use the term mindless brawlers they don't obviously mean mexican legends like Morales,Barerra or chavez... they must mean the nearly guys like John Molina who have gotton into big fights with lack of skill but mucho will

on a side note I don't think Molina is a mindless brawler otherwise he wouldn't have been able to open this guys defense up like a can of worms
            You can't make it in the pro ranks without atleast some skill. Even the all out sluggers have to develop and invest heavily in a particular area (offense) or else they'll end up fighting at the local bars for peanuts and a lukewarm Miller Light(disgusting..)

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            The only people who think Mexicans are all mindless brawlers are the same idiots who think every black fighter is a defensive runner.
            Indeed.

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
            This is by far one of the weakest back and forth sessions I've seen any two posters have on here

back to the topic at hand.

this is great for any fan of boxing. I think it'll only develop better all around boxers from Mexico and help further their careers as butt amateurs and pros.
            Completely agree. Imagine a crap load of Finito's running around lol. I think the mixture of the crude Mexican style that centers around heart and power blended with the finesse of the Cuban school will make for some extraordinary fighters in the not so distant future.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
              Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it Merchant's old ass making those ******ed comments during that broadcast? I believe Roy Jones Jr and Jim Lampley were like WTF? smh... he sounded like a complete idiot that night.

A great trilogy nonetheless.
              I thought Lampley was agreeing with Merchant but I could be wrong. I know Roy put him in his place a few times.

Merchant was also crying when Morales was schooling Pacquiao because he wasn't standing in the pocket like a brainless statue.

Comment

Why would they change it? Thats the Mexican style and its proven to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco View Post
                  Why would they change it? Thats the Mexican style and its proven to work.
                  Perhaps changing the style completely is not their intention but more or less improving it. I mean, they went straight to Cuba and worked out a deal just to get a trainer and the accessibility for their young fighters to measure their growth in an annual visit to the Island. I suppose the Mexican government is focusing on the Ams since it provides their young fighters with the fundamentals to strive in the sport once they reach the pro ranks.

Comment

The image is not really fair.

The great Mexican boxers are all aggressive, but technical aggressors with tremendous head movement, waist, etc. Just think of Morales, JMM, Chavez, Estrada right now etc. Barrera a face first brawler? yeah right

The problem is the bottom guys who are just aggressors because they're not good enough. Since boxing is the sport for poor people in Mexico, there is an endless supply of terrible brawlers, just like there's an endless supply of terrible basketball players in the US who can't make jumper but know how to dunk [hopefully the comparison made sense]

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                      The media has pinned that image unfairly on Mexican fighters, especially HBO. They tell the public that mindless brawling is the "Mexican style" but that couldn't be further from the truth. Watch the Morales vs. Barrera trilogy. The fights were exciting but I would not consider them all out brawls. Both fighters were very tactical in their approach and the fights were high speed chess matches which are the best fights to watch, IMO.

What disgusted me was how the HBO commentators were trashing the second fight because it was fought at a slower pace. They completely ignored the adjustments both fighters made from their first fight and Merchant especially, was critical of both fighters.

The way Mexican fighters can change their mindless brawler image is by getting ring announcers who actually know what they are watching and can educate the audience of what the fighters are doing in the ring.
                      Mexcellent post.

Comment

Working...
                      X