Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Funky_Monk View Post
    So GGG is nothing till he beats ward??

That's brilliant
    He thinks Ggg is scary awesome, so his expectations for him are far higher than for Ward, for example

Comment

I think Murray is a solid opponent. I see him standing up for a while and giving us some interesting moments. Most likely he will go down like all the rest though.

Comment

Originally posted by Funky_Monk View Post
        So GGG is nothing till he beats ward??

That's brilliant
        Call me when the Triple Duck fights someone with a pulse...

Comment

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
          Call me when the Triple Duck fights someone with a pulse...
          You know he offered to fight Wards best win on their home turf, coming up a division. Hard to build up a resume when a proven warrior like Froch thinks this unproven mw is too much of a risk

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            You know he offered to fight Wards best win on their home turf, coming up a division. Hard to build up a resume when a proven warrior like Froch thinks this unproven mw is too much of a risk
            Why did Team Triple Duck go deaf, mute and blind when Erislandy Lara called them out?

Comment

Murray is the best to date. It does not mean he's an A fighter or that he will beat GGG. Golovkin is still in that phase of his career where he's still stepping up in comp with some fights.

Murray being the best to date doesn't mean you have to throw a parade when GGG wins. More like a pat on the back for fighting a decent guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
                Why did Team Triple Duck go deaf, mute and blind when Erislandy Lara called them out?
                They didnt, they said he should get approved by Hbo if he wants to fight him. Remember what Lara's manager said:"Hbo needs to talk to Haymon but we're very happy on Showtime". Thats a joke callout, like those t shirts say "i want GGG but not next" lol

Comment

Reality

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                  I don't know of any people who expected Rubio to last long or provide a test in that fight. I sure as hell didn't.
                  Rubio was a fighter chosen because of his proven power and audience. Rubio is just the first step, IMO. GGG is going after the Mexican fan now. In order to gain the respect of the Mexican boxing fan and prove his "Mexican Style" promotion to have legs, he must go to war with Mexican and Latino fighters in general. He most likely would have wanted a longer fight with heated exchanges to further prove his heart. Rubio just wasn't up to the task.

I would expect GGG (Whom I like) to go after the greatest fighters ( Truely great fighters) and names (Not necessarily great fighters but rather popular ones) south of the border, to please the Mexican/Latino fan base. That means Canelo Alvarez, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr and Miguel Cotto among others. Doing this will give him leverage in inevitable negotiations with Andre Ward. We know Andre ( Whom I also like) wants to fight in Oakland, being away from there might take something away, if for no other reason than a split crowd reaction might cause him to push unnecessarily.

If they do fight in Oakland, a large Latino population in Southern California might neutralize the crowd somewhat and GGG might get the purse he wants. They both might get the purse if it's promoted well.

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
                    Macklin was his biggest test, then he was a bum. Geale was his biggest test, then he was a bum. Rubio was at least durable who could give him rounds, but guess what? Turns out he was a bum. As of now Murray is his biggest test, but soon will be a bum.

Heck I'll take it a step further because in a perfect world this is what people will be saying before the end of the year....

"Cotto was over the hill"
                    "Cotto was too small"
                    "Cotto was shopworn from all his wars"

Ward is the only fighter were I think a majority of BS will stand up and give him his due if he were to win.
                    Sounds like Floyd lol.

It really is tough when you are the very best in or around your weight. People will try to find any excuse to avoid giving you credit.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                      In other words the only way he'd get props is by moving up a weight class and beating the pound4 pound #2 fighter in the world. And if he lost a decision to Ward it would be "see I told you that he is overrated as soon as he stepped up he lost lol owned!!!1!!!". Basically there are some people that will simply never give him any credit.

But that's boxing for ya. Golovkin is doing what he's supposed to be doing. Fighting and beating the highest ranked opponents available to him. Unfortunately for him it's getting increasingly difficult to unify the division.
                      Exactly
                      /thread

Comment

Working...
                      X