No announcement yet.

Is Murray really GGG's best test?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
    Macklin was his biggest test, then he was a bum. Geale was his biggest test, then he was a bum. Rubio was at least durable who could give him rounds, but guess what? Turns out he was a bum. As of now Murray is his biggest test, but soon will be a bum.

Heck I'll take it a step further because in a perfect world this is what people will be saying before the end of the year....

"Cotto was over the hill"
    "Cotto was too small"
    "Cotto was shopworn from all his wars"

Ward is the only fighter were I think a majority of BS will stand up and give him his due if he were to win.
    In other words the only way he'd get props is by moving up a weight class and beating the pound4 pound #2 fighter in the world. And if he lost a decision to Ward it would be "see I told you that he is overrated as soon as he stepped up he lost lol owned!!!1!!!". Basically there are some people that will simply never give him any credit.

But that's boxing for ya. Golovkin is doing what he's supposed to be doing. Fighting and beating the highest ranked opponents available to him. Unfortunately for him it's getting increasingly difficult to unify the division.

Comment

Only people who are saying Murray Golovkin's best test are those who have not seen Murray's last four fights and like to make believe Murray is the real champ.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
        On paper he is, but the same was said with Rubio and Geale.

If Golovkin wins by early to mid KO, Murray is a bum and doesn't have a pulse.

If Golovkin KO's Murray late, Golovkin is a bum for not getting him out earlier.

And God forbid this fight goes the distance, 850 threads about how GGGs power is overrated despite Murray never being KOd before, Cotto fans would erupt with an overwhelming feeling of euphoria and countless threads of "Cotto would embarrass Golovkin! threads would be made.
        you just gave me a headache

Comment

"Murray was a bum with no pulse, they might as well have dug up a corpse and thrown it in there with GGG"- NSB after the fight

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
            Macklin was his biggest test, then he was a bum. Geale was his biggest test, then he was a bum. Rubio was at least durable who could give him rounds, but guess what? Turns out he was a bum. As of now Murray is his biggest test, but soon will be a bum.

basically this

Comment

I worry a little for Murray, I like him as a fighter but this can't be great money for what could be a career changing fight.

If he springs an upset this place will be unbearable. People in NSB seem to have to be so polar in their opinions

Comment

In other words the only way he'd get props is by moving up a weight class and beating the pound4 pound #2 fighter in the world. And if he lost a decision to Ward it would be "see I told you that he is overrated as soon as he stepped up he lost lol owned!!!1!!!". Basically there are some people that will simply never give him any credit.

But that's boxing for ya. Golovkin is doing what he's supposed to be doing. Fighting and beating the highest ranked opponents available to him. Unfortunately for him it's getting increasingly difficult to unify the division.
                true. good post my hitta.

Comment

Pretty much all of this.
                  I'd like to add that if GGG stops Ward then "Everyone knows Ward was packing glass" or "Ward was rusty wat up wit dat remach homeboi!" lol

Comment

If Golovkin KO's Murray late, Golovkin is a bum for not getting him out earlier.

And God forbid this fight goes the distance, 850 threads about how GGGs power is overrated despite Murray never being KOd before, Cotto fans would erupt with an overwhelming feeling of euphoria and countless threads of "Cotto would embarrass Golovkin! threads would be made.
                    This post is 100% correct

Comment

This

But with Murrays mindset I think he'll have a go should be entertaining

Comment

Working...
                      X