Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are bums from America somehow better than bums from other countries?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On this forum unless you're a top 5 P4P all time great you're a bum.

Comment

Yes. Our children's arms get stronger from lifting McDonalds hamburgers so frequently.

Comment

American bums get free food, tipped in dollars and the shelter gives them a temporary roof... Try being a bum in Mexico, Philippines or damn near any other county in the world and then come back and see how silly your question is.

American Bums eat McDonalds after long day of begging and smoking a few rocks here and there... The rest of the world's bums have to dig through trash in order to feed their families.

In other words.. American Bums via Knockout in dos rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm My Own BOSS View Post
          I often see posts regarding foreign fighters with comments like, "he fought mostly cab drivers". Now when people say this about a fighter, it gives the impression that American fighters somehow faced better opposition in their early careers. So, are American bums better than the bums of the rest of the world?
          Last I checked, a bum is a bum.
          A bum is a bum. I hear people call American bums nothing more then a cab driver as well.

People here, do come down harder on European bums more then they do American bums. The reason isn't, for the most part, that people think Americans are better. It has more to do with someone not fighting the fights they should be fighting and end up fighting bums instead. The European bums get it harder by the hard core fighting fans, because most people have no idea who they are. In avoiding a fight, a lot of fighters like to reach out to European bums with winning records, but have been in there with soft competition. People get frustrated because they brag them up to be more then they really are. The casual fan that don't know these fighters, see a winning record, and just assume they must be good fighters, when they really aren't. When they fight American bums, more people understand they are bums and they get called out way more often for fighting them.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
            American bums get free food, tipped in dollars and the shelter gives them a temporary roof... Try being a bum in Mexico, Philippines or damn near any other county in the world and then come back and see how silly your question is.

American Bums eat McDonalds after long day of begging and smoking a few rocks here and there... The rest of the world's bums have to dig through trash in order to feed their families.

It's true. Our bums got it easy!!!!!

Comment

I get what you are saying.....but here is the deal. Whenever I hear a fighter called a bum, even if it is an expression, it is wrong. When someone does this I tell them that they must be worse than a bum because I doubt they are in the top 2-3% of the world at what they do for a living, so what does that make them since they are not recognized among the top 2-3%? I doubt a single person on this site is in the top 2-3% in the world at what they do for a living. It is like a former contender friend of mine who says now and then a guy comes off the street into his gym all c0cky and wants to spar with some guy and prove Boxing is easy. So a pro in the gym with a record of a few fights boxes his ears off, and that is him going easy on the guy off the street and the guy walks out of the gym with his tail between his legs and his ego bruised. Anyone who steps between those ropes and makes it into the top 100 in a division is no bum. And not anyone off the street can fight a guy with a few pro fights without embarrassing themselves badly.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post

To much pride is a mutha****a, aint it? You guys better get to begging.

Comment

1/A "BUM"=====a fighter who gives a poor effort! (boxing insider definition).

2/ A "BUM" someone with limited talent and poor skills who might be out of shape

...(fans definition)

Comment

American bums > British bums

Comment

Well I don't think there is much in it but if we have to do any kind of analysis I think 80'sFighter kind of headed down the right track..

Considering yankee boxers at the top are far fewer/much poorer quality than most other major foreign countries boxers (those of Europe etc)., then from a math stand point it would be reasonable to assume that the bums defeated by the topper Euro boxers would have been higher quality than the bums defeated by the topper Amercian boxers also.

Also a look at the boxing landscape sometimes reveals some answers too, purely speculation but in certain countries like Eastern Europe with strong national sports programs, boxers are "raised", whereas in America, people haphazardly become a boxer, often in conjunction with a criminal lifestyle etc.

So if we're to assume anything at all, I'd lean more towards American boxers being the bummiest bums!

Comment

Working...
                      X