No announcement yet.

Promoters that stopped the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
    Has there ever been a big fight in history where BOTH fighters wanted the fight to happen and the promoters stopped the fight from happening? I don't think so, must likely scenario is that 1 of the fighters doesn't want the fight. Theres a plently of talk on whos to blame but the proof is in the pudding, if both fighters wanted the fight to happen it would happen. I was hopeful it was happening and thought it was just hype but now its taking so long that its probably damaging the hype of this fight again. If you took it to a court room it would be whos got the best motive for this fight not to happen, nobody else has a motive but mayweather. He wants to avoid the fight but he doesn't want to think hes ducking. Everything at the moment points to that, hes doing everything to talk about THE LIES and how badly he wants the fight but this fight would or hopefully will be made if he did want it. If it doesn't happen, I put all blame on mayweather, I refuse to believe that the promotors or networks, would walk out on this mega fight and mega money. As I said, has it ever happened before? Bob Arums talks of bizarre sound pretty spot on to me
    What in your mind would be mayweather's motives to block the fight? Because Bob says he's afraid of southpaws... He's fought a few so that can't be it. bob also said he was afraid to fight Mosley and Cotto but he did that too. When Bob was promoting mayweather Bob said he was the best fighter he's ever seen and now floyd's on the other side and he's a coward and he's scared.. You gotta remember it's Arums job to hype his fighter and say all other fighter don't come close and also keep his fighter winning and makin that money. Could Floyd be afraid to fight Pac absolutely but on three or four occasions now mayweather has tried to make the fight happen and TR and team Pac has came up with a excuse... Blood test money split outdoor stadium cuts having to heal May 2 being a Mexican holiday take your pick. If you tell someone you want a job and they say great it pays 10 bucks an hour and there's a drug test and you then say no well sounds like you didn't want the job much. Try and think about it without being biased

Comment

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
      Has there ever been a big fight in history where BOTH fighters wanted the fight to happen and the promoters stopped the fight from happening? I don't think so, must likely scenario is that 1 of the fighters doesn't want the fight. Theres a plently of talk on whos to blame but the proof is in the pudding, if both fighters wanted the fight to happen it would happen. I was hopeful it was happening and thought it was just hype but now its taking so long that its probably damaging the hype of this fight again. If you took it to a court room it would be whos got the best motive for this fight not to happen, nobody else has a motive but mayweather. He wants to avoid the fight but he doesn't want to think hes ducking. Everything at the moment points to that, hes doing everything to talk about THE LIES and how badly he wants the fight but this fight would or hopefully will be made if he did want it. If it doesn't happen, I put all blame on mayweather, I refuse to believe that the promotors or networks, would walk out on this mega fight and mega money. As I said, has it ever happened before? Bob Arums talks of bizarre sound pretty spot on to me
      Arum tried to kill the Mayweather/De La Hoya fight.

Good thing Floyd had the balls and bank to buy out his contract and make the fight happen.

Comment

They were a few fighters who tried to fight each other despite TR-GBP not working together. Donaire and Mares a couple of years ago is one example, I bet they both wish that had happened now considering they ended up getting lesser paydays and losing anyway.

Comment

i like when it the snow melt and cold stop outside

Comment

Working...
          X