Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should boxing get rid of all weight divisions and let everyone fight each other?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to admit it would be entertaining to see Klitschko chasing Mayweather around the ring. It would end with the first solid punch Wlad lands, so Mayweather would literally be doing laps. But the rules would have to be different to make it fair. Like, Mayweather is allowed to duck between Wlad 's legs, come out the other side, and then punch him in the back to score points.

Comment

It's worth putting a little thought into something before typing.

Comment

I imagine they would settle into groups of fights that would be more or less weight classes after awhile and with some exceptions anyway.

Comment

its impossible to be this fucking dumb!

Comment

I love how the thread starts out.

Now just hear me out........

bwahahaha......props to the TS for adding some humor to this board. Maybe it would help the hurtbuttness thats around.

Comment

Originally posted by BigNuts View Post
              Now just hear me out.....

Since boxing has too many weight divisions and belts, wouldn't it be far more interesting and entertaining if boxing just did away with weight divisions and just had one universal belt where every fighter from the face on the earth no matter how big or small would fight each other to be named the baddest man on the planet?

I think this would be the surge boxing would need to get back to it's golden years

Comment

Reduce weightclasses to how it was before
                The P4P best will remain the same and moving up divisions and winning titles will have more meaning

Comment

That'd be like Roman gladiator times. Too much bloodsport for these more civilized times.

Lol

Admit it..you just want to see Floyd get stomped out by a heavyweight.

Comment

You have to appreciate that size advantage would favour the larger, heavier men so what would happen is that boxing would be left with only a few bigger men fighting each other since the lower weights would be out-sized and suffer from too much of a disadvantage.

Interest in participating in the sport would then be relegated to a few large men. You'd basically kill boxing - people under 200 lbs just wouldn't bother fighting anymore since the "universal belt" would be unattainable due to the size disadvantage.

This idea would destroy boxing as a sport.

Comment

Originally posted by BigNuts View Post
                      Now just hear me out.....

Since boxing has too many weight divisions and belts, wouldn't it be far more interesting and entertaining if boxing just did away with weight divisions and just had one universal belt where every fighter from the face on the earth no matter how big or small would fight each other to be named the baddest man on the planet?

I think this would be the surge boxing would need to get back to it's golden years.
                      You are a ****ing idiot.

Comment

Working...
                      X