Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the Hurdle Between Making a Cotto vs GGG Fight? Am I Missing Something?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-Checc View Post
    Whats the Hurdle Between Making a Cotto vs GGG Fight? Am I Missing Something?

I mean same weight class, both have belts/ why isnt cotto open to negotiation with GGG? Doesnt GGG promoters K2 actually work well with Top Rank, I dont understand whats going on here.
    There is no money in a GGG fight. I personally think Cotto would beat GGG and possibily stop him. However, GGG brings nothing to the table financially. Cotto can fight a journeyman and make the same amount of money.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
      There is no money in a GGG fight. I personally think Cotto would beat GGG and possibily stop him. However, GGG brings nothing to the table financially. Cotto can fight a journeyman and make the same amount of money.
      well that's simply not true but even if it was why would cotto fight a journeyman over ggg? is that really the point of boxing? finding easy guys to fight for the right money?

Comment

One of the worst posts on here ever. Sports is about competition. Boxing isn't just about money.

Comment

cotto would make more money fighting ggg than he would mayweather, so the money excuse is bullcrap. only floyd or pac would do more for his legacy than ggg would, so if he fights anyone else, then hes not after legacy. so if hes not after money or legacy, he must be fighting to not get his ass whooped over a pay day.

Comment

Dumb as usual. GGG has a lot of grass roots support. Does very good TV ratings, can draw wherever he goes. And for a guy as popular (Ring readers Foty) doesn't command a large purse. You better believe Cotto would make more than vs journeyman like Rodriguez, or even Trout who Cotto got outclassed by for a $1m guarantee lol

Comment

One of the most ridiculous posts I have ever seen. Al Haymon would be proud.

Comment

Working...
              X