No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao: It's 80-20 That Mayweather Fight Will Happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rasdun View Post
    Idk. We'll see. Khan once that fight if you can't get Mayweather.
    khan wants big money and feather fist, or very slow feet...im sure him and maidana are going to throw down on nbc..

Comment

you may not feel he is ducking, but I promise you, almost everyone else does. Even boxing insiders like dan Rafael have stated that if the fight doesn't happen, it's on Floyd. Dan is an impartial mediator observer, who has no reason to spin the truth
      I'm have to disagree there Dan is not impartial he has been a floyd basher for years now and had to eat crow when Espinoza came out and said no contract are drawn up because he always runs with what arum says now lance pugimere is impartial

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
        Why does everyone keep blaming arum???

"I dont do business with arum"
        Arum wasn't a problem in the negotiations until pac agreed to testing purse split etc etc etc

for the floyd fans:
        please explain this:
        "He who sups with the devil, should have a long spoon."

Taking a picture with someone you despise doing business with isn't akin to doing business.

Comment

• Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          You just posted this twice back to back it doesn't even hint at them waiting till 2016 urine idiot
          How would you describe a "urine idiot"

Comment

• Originally posted by TheWinners View Post
            The more Pacquiao talks, the dumber he makes himself look.

" the drug testing isn't a problem. "

Hey Pac, what was the problem the first time? 10 days of testing? How can you explain to your loyal fans and the critics and those who believe you we're taking PED's that the drug testing was a problem the last fight, but not this fight?

" I will take 40 to 60, Im ok with that-for the sake of the fans."

Is this guy off his medication? 40 to 60 would be generosity from Floyd Mayweather. You're not as marketable as you we're several years ago when it was a 50/50 split. You You lost a controversial decision to Bradley who is an average puncher. Then you got KO'd by a guy Mayweather dominated. Then after you took a nap on the canvas you fought bums to give your disgruntled and disappointed fans hope again.

You're taking 40 for the sake of the fans? You're off your nut. No for the sake of the fans you should've agreed with 10 more days of testing. But don't talk crazy as if you're taking 40 % for the fans. You know your value isn't that high right now so you have no choice. In fact, you would have no choice but to take 35 or 30. And if I'm Mayweather that's what you would get.

Your PPV numbers are down significantly. Your fans who support you on these forums and all over the states obviously don't care enough to buy your fights. I'm assuming because they are average boxing fans, don't care, or they noticed the poor level of your competition. Regardless, your value is highly diminished. It's a good thing you fought a couple bums and redeemed yourself against Bradley, an ok but not great fighter. But only the average fan doesn't know what's going on.

Now had you took on Canelo Alvarez or a couple of legit WW's and won, your value would be a lot higher. But you chose to fight a 140 pounder coming off a loss, and another 140 pounder who fought on ESPN Friday Night Fights 2 fights before he got on a big PPV stage to face you. With that level of opposition, any real boxing fan would not get all hyped up about a Mayweather fight. " Hey guys Manny is back! He beat a pillow punching Tim Bradley and a couple 140 pounders. The champ is back! "

The percentage of 80/20 he believes is the chance of the fight getting made is damn near the split he should receive. Why doesn't he just let the negotiations play out and stop running his mouth about a contract that's not even made up. Im not one that believes Mayweather is some saint and everything he does is right. But this guy Manny Pacquiao is so scripted and fake. I can read straight through the guy. He's full of s--t. Now wonder he stuck with Top Rank.
            U know someone cannot look at the present situation rationally when they are still bringing up the drug testing issue from more than 5 years ago. That is not an issue anymore, get over it.

Second Rios and Algieri are not bums. In fact, they're similar in terms of opposition level to Robert Guerrero and Marcos Maidana.Bradley is similar in opposition level to Alvarez. You can make an argument one way or another, but to call Rios an Algieri bums, you make it perfectly clear that you really know nothing about boxing anyone that did, would not disrespect legitimate former champion, and current contender by calling them a bum

Comment

he's not an insider, lol, ok
              espn gives the least boxing news of any outlet..he sits and ask questions just like the rest...on twitter and in media room..hell ppl on youtube get more credit from me...dan only works on fight night..and waits for ppl to call him on other days

Comment

• Also before I get a million responses, for the record I have a lot of respect for Brandon Rios. He's a warrior. A hell of a fighter. He has an exciting style that's built for the fans. But I don't think he was ready for a top WW in the division after coming off a loss at 140. But it's not his fault. He had a big opportunity so why not take it?

I don't consider him to be a bum. It's just that I don't give Manny Pacquiao loads of credit for beating the guy knowing he's really a 140 pounder, he was coming off a loss, and his kind of style is easy for a guy that's the stronger puncher and who moves a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                  How would you describe a "urine idiot"
                  Urine= you're an

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                    pure conjecture, tbh; have no inside information, but the way that things have unfolded, that makes sense to me.

Floyd sets a demand, Moonves comes in and demands that the books get opened up, Mayweather's PPVs are shown to do significantly bigger business than Pacquiao's PPVs, and that reality shapes the position that Moonves negotiates the deal from.

Seriously doubt that the CEO of a media conglomerate like CBS would alow he and his company to be dictated to by a boxing promoter, even if they are country club buddies.
                    RESPECT...very honest..i seem to hold the same position..

Comment

• Hansel just cracked...

Comment

Working...
                      X