No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao: It's 80-20 That Mayweather Fight Will Happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rasdun View Post
    its not being a fool, you are entitled to your opinion and consumer purchase ability. In my mind, at this point, it's enough. I only want to see Mayweather fight Pacquiao, otherwise I choose not to purchase his fights. That's my choice, and my way to voice my displeasure in his continued ducking of the very top challenges. If you choose otherwise, that's your decision as well
    again, it has nothing to do with "downing Cotto". just that, as fans, the only way we can give our opinion to a fighter is by not supporting the fights that we don't want to see. At this point, after everything over the past five years, enough is enough. If Floyd decides again to not fight Pacquiao, then I'll decide to never buy one of his fights again

Comment

its not being a fool, you are entitled to your opinion and consumer purchase ability. In my mind, at this point, it's enough. I only want to see Mayweather fight Pacquiao, otherwise I choose not to purchase his fights. That's my choice, and my way to voice my displeasure in his continued ducking of the very top challenges. If you choose otherwise, that's your decision as well
      well if i felt he was ducking i wouldnt buy..but i dont think he is ducking i think arum is trying to much to get more money that he doesnt deserve or even need b/c pac said he's fine going under 40%..read the second quote of the article.."if he wants more" that has to mean if floyd wants more that 60%...arum is the only one saying 60/40...no pac..its not about promoters its about fighters..and arum needs to back off...i wouldnt suggest floyd to rob himself..he earned his spot.

Comment

• It seems that Floyd is on the same page with Arum... Floyd wants to wait until that outdoor stadium is built ROFL:

According to David Mayo, who writes for the Michigan-based MLive news site — which covers Grand Rapids native Mayweather closely — one other factor also points toward 2016 as the likely time frame for the long-awaited Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao superfight.

“There also is a new 20,000-seat arena under construction on Las Vegas Boulevard, expected to be completed by early 2016,” Mayo notes. “It long has been speculated that Mayweather-Pacquiao would be an ideal fit for the new venue, which would seat about 4,000 more for boxing than MGM Grand Garden Arena, where Mayweather has fought exclusively since 2007.”

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1788958/rea...7RJj0lu3DOk.99

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          Pacquiao, almost literally, has no other fight that would get him even $30m; a point that's pretty common knowledge, tbh.

Floyd can fight Khan (US an UK PPV, plus TV rights throughout Europe, Pakistan and the Middle East) or fight Cotto again (chasing a sixth divisional championship, Cotto "giving him his toughest fight", Cotto "being reborn under the guidance of Freddie Roach", etc) and comfortably make $45m in May, with eyes toward a joint Mayweather-Alvarez 2 PPV fight in September for another $65m, all without having to deal with Arum.

Ego is a heck of a thing to deal with; control is even worse.
          Pac could fight Khan too. regardless, we know that Mayweather can make money with other fights. That is not in dispute. What is in dispute now is whether he actually cares about what boxing fans want and whether he actually cares about his legacy. If he doesn't fight Pacquiao in May, we will know the answer to both questions

Comment

• wow. he's the one getting all these chicken labels left and right, his legacy getting tainted and all, and here he is demanding all kinds of things.

arum and pac should now know what to do. move on and forget this pukeable guy. let him rot and stay a duck all his waking life. that's equivalent to winning millions of dollars. it's more worth anyone's time. bad karma is what this tbe guy should be rewarded with. denying this guy the fight will guarantee that.

halt the negotiation arum. move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
              well if i felt he was ducking i wouldnt buy..but i dont think he is ducking i think arum is trying to much to get more money that he doesnt deserve or even need b/c pac said he's fine going under 40%..read the second quote of the article.."if he wants more" that has to mean if floyd wants more that 60%...arum is the only one saying 60/40...no pac..its not about promoters its about fighters..and arum needs to back off...i wouldnt suggest floyd to rob himself..he earned his spot.
              you may not feel he is ducking, but I promise you, almost everyone else does. Even boxing insiders like dan Rafael have stated that if the fight doesn't happen, it's on Floyd. Dan is an impartial mediator observer, who has no reason to spin the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                It seems that Floyd is on the same page with Arum... Floyd wants to wait until that outdoor stadium is built ROFL:

According to David Mayo, who writes for the Michigan-based MLive news site — which covers Grand Rapids native Mayweather closely — one other factor also points toward 2016 as the likely time frame for the long-awaited Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao superfight.

“There also is a new 20,000-seat arena under construction on Las Vegas Boulevard, expected to be completed by early 2016,” Mayo notes. “It long has been speculated that Mayweather-Pacquiao would be an ideal fit for the new venue, which would seat about 4,000 more for boxing than MGM Grand Garden Arena, where Mayweather has fought exclusively since 2007.”

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1788958/rea...7RJj0lu3DOk.99
                reaching much? u aint a pac fan..just a mayweather hater..giving the real pac fans a bad name..looking anywhere to say i won in the media..get lost..u're the reason arum is allowed to be a cancer b/c u spew everything he feeds you

Comment

• Originally posted by pacfan View Post
                  wow. he's the one getting all these chicken labels left and right, his legacy getting tainted and all, and here he is demanding all kinds of things.

arum and pac should now know what to do. move on and forget this pukeable guy. let him rot and stay a duck all his waking life. that's equivalent to winning millions of dollars. it's more worth anyone's time. bad karma is what this tbe guy should be rewarded with. denying this guy the fight will guarantee that.

halt the negotiation arum. move on.

this fight is already four or five years too late. If they wait another year at this point, especially when all the outdoor stadium talk was bandied about 3 years ago, it is ridiculous

Comment

Pac could fight Khan too. regardless, we know that Mayweather can make money with other fights. That is not in dispute. What is in dispute now is whether he actually cares about what boxing fans want and whether he actually cares about his legacy. If he doesn't fight Pacquiao in May, we will know the answer to both questions
                    u really think al haymon gone let amir khan fight pac lol...he gone stick it to arum..he knows arum has no options..amir will be on nbc in no time doing multi million views gettin more cash that he can make fightin pac..

Comment

• No nothing new other than they are still negotiating? Ok

Still say it gets done

Comment

Working...
                      X