Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Carlos Baldomir the worst lineal champion of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobby Shmurda View Post
    Absolutely not. Sonny Boy Jaro just a few years ago.
    Way more garbage a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      people seem to think being lineal and being the best are the same thing. they can be but not always. when you have such a high amount of ducking in boxing that changes things. ducking would be the same as forfeiting in any other sport which would make a fighters claim of being the best fall flat while at the same time they could still officially hold the lineal championship. guys like baldomir, judah, spinks, mayorga, and floyd didn't want any part of the #1 guy margarito so them being lineal doesn't mean a whole lot. zsolt erdei was lineal but guys like tarver and hopkins were considered much better although technically they weren't lineal champs. if stevenson fights fonfarra's and sukhotsky's for the next 5 years he would still be lineal champ. would he be the best? uh no.
      Good post. Green K sent.

Comment

Originally posted by mortal7 View Post
        Good post. Green K sent.
        So whats a bigger legacy win........Beating Margarito who never was the champion or the man @ 147 who just lost to Paul Williams or beating Shane Mosley who KTFO of Margarito and held the WBA ww title

I don't know why some of yall act like Maragrito was some beast when the only top notch welterweight he beat was Cotto
        Mayweather beat fighters that were better than Margarito so he wouldn't have added a thing to his legacy, dude held the WBOgus belt

I can name 8 fighters mayweather beat that were better and accomplished more than Margarito off the top of my head .....Mosley, DLH, Hatton, Cotto, Genaro Hernandez, Canelo Alvarez, Jose Luis Castillo, Diego Corrales,

Comment

Originally posted by D-Checc View Post
          Both ya'll rep is in red means no one respect yall boxing opinion cause YDKSAB.
          Have you ever put on a pair of boxing gloves in your life! !! Your a tool!!!

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            So whats a bigger legacy win........Beating Margarito who never was the champion or the man @ 147 who just lost to Paul Williams or beating Shane Mosley who KTFO of Margarito and held the WBA ww title

I don't know why some of yall act like Maragrito was some beast when the only top notch welterweight he beat was Cotto
            Mayweather beat fighters that were better than Margarito so he wouldn't have added a thing to his legacy, dude held the WBOgus belt

I can name 8 fighters mayweather beat that were better and accomplished more than Margarito off the top of my head .....Mosley, DLH, Hatton, Cotto, Genaro Hernandez, Canelo Alvarez, Jose Luis Castillo, Diego Corrales,
            Who's the best MW, Cotto or GGG?

Comment

baldomir beat juda and Clottey, he deserves respect he doesnt get here

Comment

Originally posted by PorterIsFuture View Post
                Who's the best MW, Cotto or GGG?
                That opinion based....the fact is Cotto is the champion and GGG is the number one contender.

We can argue whose best all day, doesn't change Facts

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  That opinion based....the fact is Cotto is the champion and GGG is the number one contender.

We can argue whose best all day, doesn't change Facts
                  The guy who's 31-0 with 28KO's & 2 belts at 160 or the guy who's 1-0 with 1 KO and one belt @ 159*?

The guy in his Prime or the guy far past his Prime?

Comment

The man earned his shot and won...he was handed anything...so why the hate?

Comment

Originally posted by mortal7 View Post
                      Who cares about Floyd. I was wondering if he was the worst lineal champ ever. The underline message of the thread is sometimes lineal belts dont mean **** like we've seen recently with Cotto and Stevenson being lineal champs but in reality GGG and Kovalev are the real kings of the division. Floyd can kiss my ass and is irrelevant to this thread. You f.lomos are the one who brought him up, not me.
                      GGG is the king why?? his resume is far from great or even good..he has beaten 0 world champions to this point

Comment

Working...
                      X