Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Tyson fought bums before he became HW champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyson's record was never that great, as much as I like him, and the best names on his ledger (Holmes was past-prime) were usually showing up in his loss column.

But it's a testament to how bad Wilder's competition has been that it's eclipsed by Mike's.

Comment

Some top comp for Deontay:

Comment

You can say that everyone faced less than ideal opponents early in their career. That is the grooming pattern for new fighters and it has been in effect for decades.

Name ONE current boxer that started out with prime competition!!!!

I'll wait ......

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post

LMAO and this hype job is supposed to beat Wlad the Impaler?

Seriously, people getting on the hype jobs train will be sorely disappointed watching Wilder's fight after fight. Damn, a fat man seriously knockdown this supposed "athletic Heavyweight champion?" Only in the US will people buy garbage and call it gold.

Edited Note: I am not apologizing calling Wilder's opponent fat because the guy is visibly FAT. Although, I can say he is a great fat man knocking down the hype job stopping his WINDMILL OR BOMBER showboating.
          Last edited by jjbj2; 01-24-2015, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Tyson's level of comp before getting a title shot was leaps and bounds better than Wilder's comp. If Wilder had fought some of Tyson's foes, he may have lost a fight or two.

Also, Wilder is still a work-in-process at this stage in his career; the young Mike Tyson who KO'd Berbick was probably at his prime

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post

Just laughed my a$$ at this fight, why didn't his opponent get credit for the knockdown?
              Almost every fighter starts with weak comp, but Wilder's comp would have been weak for Butterbean.
              Fact is if Wilder in any other era of heavys, he would get destroyed despite his size (just like Wlad did early in his career).
              It is pretty obvious that when steps in with someone who can fight, he loses.

Comment

Heh, Tyson fought bums before, during, and after...

He's the bum-killer.

Oh, but he also got killed himself BY A BUM - Busta' maah-fooking-Douglas (as Roger Mayweather owuld call him) got all up in that ass.

Buster opened Mike's ass up, stepped inside, closed that **** behind him.

Comment

Seriously I don't get how some dumb fat yanks can claim Tyson deserves to be ranked higher than Lennox Lewis...

Comment

Originally posted by Rostov Papa View Post
                    Heh, Tyson fought bums before, during, and after...

He's the bum-killer.

Oh, but he also got killed himself BY A BUM - Busta' maah-fooking-Douglas (as Roger Mayweather owuld call him) got all up in that ass.

Buster opened Mike's ass up, stepped inside, closed that **** behind him.
                    On the night Buster Douglas beat Tyson, he was no bum, son. That version of Douglas would've given many a top hw serious problems. Btw, have you seen the fight?

Comment

wilder is razor ruddock 2.0

Comment

Working...
                      X