Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did provo ruin bradley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bradley did not get ruined. Why would anyone think that. He got absolutely robbed in his fight vs Chaves.

Comment

Wins over Marquez & Chaves* and a good effort against Pacquiao. I don't think he's ruined. Maybe doesn't have the same hunger, but he's still up there.

Would love to see the Khan fight next for Bradley.

* yeah, but you know

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        He outpointed JMM as he was coming off the best win of his entire career, then again JMM may not have had the right juice on him.

He out boxed Chaves quite easily to, how do you see him struggling? What did he struggle in?
        I think he clearly lacked stamina and his usual snap vs Chaves, even though he clearly won.

Comment

If you wanna say when did he start declining, it was after Pacquiao 1

People forget how dominate Bradley was at 140. He took PEDerson and Devon's 0 and they both havn't been the same since.

Post Pacquiao 1, he started having mental issues. He knows he got a notorious gift decision and it weighed heavy on him

He still beats everyone on Al Haymons roster at 140 all the way up to 154

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
            Why do people discredit fighters for not being blessed with natural talent such as amazing speed and power?

If anything, I credit a fighter more for making up for that in other areas like will, determination, versatility.
            Good point. Intangibles such as grit and heart actually require a mental toughness thats actually rarer than natural ability and should be celebrated more.

There's plenty of fighters with speed and power.

Comment

I've never considered Bradley a really great fighter.

He's obviously world level, but I had him losing to Provodnikov and clearly losing both Pacquiao fights. He's certainly better than the likes of Alexander and he's a better welterweight than Marquez, but top 5 P4P? No chance.
              Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 01-24-2015, 08:12 AM.

Comment

He's rated that high p4p because of his win over Marquez who knocked out pacquaio

Comment

Originally posted by Wuckoo View Post
                  It seems that after the provodnikov fight bradley has declined slightly. The marquez fight is debatable since marquez was in his late 30s, which is normally the age fighters retire. Against pac bradley gassed very quickly and he didn't look impressive against chaves. He also seems to have gained more weight between fights than he used to although that could be due to aging. He doesn't seem to have the goods that he used to. The only thing I can think of is the provo fight which took him months to recover from. And now his broken cheekbone will give him trouble. He's picked up like an injury nearly every fight in the past 3 years. He's starting to look like rosado and that's worrying
                  So, who else besides Floyd and Pac have been able to outbox JMM again? Bradley had the wrong game plan against Pac in the rematch because he knew he had no shot to win a decision due to the controversy in the first bout, not to mention he tore a calf muscle and still managed to finish the fight.

In this last bout, the opponent headbutted him and he still won a minimum of 7 rounds (I thought he won 8). Arum paid the judges off (Lederman in particular) to keep Chaves marketable for future fights because his welterweight boxing stable is thin.

Comment

Don't get why some people thought I was saying he wasn't good. I rate bradley pretty highly especially considering his lack of power. I was just saying he hasn't looked as impressive lately.

Comment

Other than one punch KO power, Bradley Is pretty strong In all areas.

Comment

Working...
                      X