No announcement yet.

Perspective on Klit, and the HW division

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    while Wilder showed me more than I thought he had, the division is still weak. As poor as the division is, the wlad v wilder fight ihas some real buzz and I think a lot of people will watch.

There is a reason writers/historians didn't rank wlad on the list of top 50 fighters since WWII.
    That's because those historians are a bunch of East Coast elitist, snobby morons. Just like those Old School Hip Hop fans who pick a rappers name out of a hat (that nobody ever heard of) and say he is greater than the highest selling artist.

It means nothing. I can't name 10 Heavyweights right now that I would rank over Wlad All-time. Not in a Skill Vs Skill/Ability to win comparison OR a resume comparison.

Hell, Wlad even has some of that Golden Era vibe to his record, seeing how he has over 60 wins while still champion, which is unheard of in today's era. Lennox Lewis checked out after what, about 42 victories?
    Last edited by cupocity303; 01-28-2015, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Hans Landa View Post
      this is your contirbution.. obvious Eastern Euro dickrider in the house.. go home pal
      Nice refute.

The strawman is strong with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        How good was Ron Lyle?
        Yeah he was alright in my book.

When I made the statement regarding Foreman not winning in the 70's against anybody close to Mormeck's level, I admit I kind of overlooked him.

The fight Foreman vs Lyle however, is somewhat incriminating of the slowness and the fragility of both fighters, especially Foreman, because as SOON as Foreman faced an opponent as big and strong as himself like Lyle, suddenly he was balls to the wall and getting KD'd left and right as well. Keeping in mind Lyle was not exactly massive compared to todays scene.

He is still one of the better boxers never to win a title.

And in fact I believe Lyle was ripped off vs Ali, Lyle gave Ali a hiding who did F/A in that fight until he hurt Lyle a bit toward the end and scored what can only be described as a premature stoppage. Without this gift assistance, Lyle BEAT Ali!

Comment

People should quit blaming Wladamir for the quality of the heavyweight division. It is not his fault and he dominated anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
            Leapai was mandatory
            Yes I dunno where this guy gets his info but geez.

And Dan_Cov, I never said LEapai was a super-athlete, I merely provided a photo of him which PROVES he was not obese! You can see a faint outline of stomach muscle, he is not obese!

On his boxing performance, nobody claims he was a career thrashing machine, you can bag his performances all you like, but again, past opponents earned their title shots by beating guys who lost MOST of their fights, or even by LOSING fights! Hell some past champs opponents even had bum records THEMSELVES!

Your problem is, is that you compare challenger Alex Leapai's quality to past champs quality instead of opponent to opponent. But in an case I earlier provided highlight reels of Leapai and Frazier, and it was immediately clear that Leapai>Frazier beyond any doubt H2H.

WK's WORST opponent > One of Ali's BEST opponents, AND If 30-4 Alex Leapai was the WORST opponent Klitschko ever faced in 10 years, that is rather the most absolute proof of the superiority of the Klitschko era.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              Leapai is not fat? He certainly don't like a professional athlete to me and he gassed inside a minute lol
              He looks and fights like a dumpy powerlifter

I can't believe people genuine delude themselves to talking up such an awful mismatch and fighter. The guy got smashed to bits by Travis Walkers corpse until the ref jumped in prematurely! He was KTFO by Kevin ''Safety pin'' Johnson ffs that tells anyone all they need to know.
              He is worse than Mormeck, the worst opponent Wladimir has faced in over 10 years. It makes me cringe like crazy that Wladimir called for that fight.
              leapai was a mandatory. doubt very much wlad would have payed him any mind if he wasnt. I agree tho that leapai was terrible and probably wlads worst opponent by far in years and should have never been given a ttitle shot

Comment

This thebigkabosh is a troll and I don't agree with him but it's strange he gets banned for doing the same thing Elroy does every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
                  Yes I dunno where this guy gets his info but geez.

And Dan_Cov, I never said LEapai was a super-athlete, I merely provided a photo of him which PROVES he was not obese! You can see a faint outline of stomach muscle, he is not obese!

On his boxing performance, nobody claims he was a career thrashing machine, you can bag his performances all you like, but again, past opponents earned their title shots by beating guys who lost MOST of their fights, or even by LOSING fights! Hell some past champs opponents even had bum records THEMSELVES!

Your problem is, is that you compare challenger Alex Leapai's quality to past champs quality instead of opponent to opponent. But in an case I earlier provided highlight reels of Leapai and Frazier, and it was immediately clear that Leapai>Frazier beyond any doubt H2H.

WK's WORST opponent > One of Ali's BEST opponents, AND If 30-4 Alex Leapai was the WORST opponent Klitschko ever faced in 10 years, that is rather the most absolute proof of the superiority of the Klitschko era.
                  Leapai lost to Kevin Johnson. But you're going to tell us that Johnson would be undefeated in the 70's.

You're so predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    Would he beat Povetkin, Pulev though? Would Young?
                    Pulev yes, he's just big. His jab is only good by today's standards and he moves like his feet are deep in cement.

Povetkin would be a good fight.

Lyle had most things that would make an excellent heavyweight, and he for sure would stand out today. a 6'3 guy who can move and punch.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                      Leapai lost to Kevin Johnson. But you're going to tell us that Johnson would be undefeated in the 70's.

You're so predictable.
                      Oh hi VG

Well I wasn't going to claim such a thing at all, so not all that predictable.

But since you brought that up, I believe whatever Johnson did achieve in this era, I am certain that he would have done better.

I do not claim that ALL boxers would be the elite in the 70's. But the top dogs, yeah, sure.

Tell me something, how is Kingpin Johnson so bad compared to say, Buster Mathis?

Compare champs to champs and opponents to opponents and their opponents to their opponents!

Comment

Working...
                      X