No announcement yet.

Perspective on Klit, and the HW division

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thebigkabosh View Post
    He looked ok in his last fight, and he was obviously trying to make a good impression to HBO and the U.S. fans.

He wanted to finally deliver a decent performance, and he did.

It was a nice knockout.

But as I watched the fight, I shook my head and thought to myself 'how did HW boxing become so bad?'

The fact that Pulev was the number 1 contender, and was widely regarded as Klit's toughest test for a long time, just speaks volumes to me on how weak this division is.

Let's be brutally honest here.

Pulev showed heart but not much skill, waving his left like a wand, no movement whatsoever, dropping his right arm completely open for left hooks

he's not in any way a good fighter.

Klit had to excessively hold on to Pulev to avoid any exchanges. He was even rocked early by a light jab, showing his weak punch resistance.

Klit is an ok HW, but his competition is extremely weak.

Would Pulev have troubled many HW champs of the past?

I'll say no, definitely not.

So we can give credit to Klit for finally looking halfway decent, and coming in good shape at his age, and putting in an ok performance.

But this division is weak, and he did not beat a good fighter in his last fight.

His next fight is against a highly ranked contender in Byrant Jennings who only started boxing 5 years ago and is a full time mechanic by trade.

I watched his last fight against an out of shape Cuban and he did not look good. He only won because the opponent tired out and was deducted a point. Still even a draw would have been fair.

This guy is the highest ranked voluntary that Klit can face and is considered one of the top HWs in the world at the moment. This again speaks volumes on how bad the HW division currently is.

Thoughts?
    Firstly, I would like to say welcome aboard

Vladimir is a great champion and is set to break records if he keeps the pace. All time great, no doubt.

Comment

I would not call Alex obese exactly and whatever else he does he was a professional boxer. From the knowledge of how Ali performed against a similar styled opponent but which was far less dangerous, I think it's a safe bet. He struggled with FAR worse opponents than Leapai who has a good record.
      Alex Leapai was obese by any standard definition. He came into the fight at a career high 247lbs(40lbs higher than the weight he was at the beginning of his career). He was a full time truck driver and had the first ever full training camp for a fight for Klit(still came in grossly out of shape). the guy does not have a good record. He wasn't a top 50 HW before upsetting WBO#1 ranked Boystov(which is a further indication of how talent barren this era is).
      Besides that Leapai never beat a single top 50 ranked HW. He was KO'd in 2009 by a not so dangerous Kevin Johnson and got his face boxed off losing every round against Malik Scott.
      Leapai would not be fit for sparring at the 5th street gym.
      I guess for Klit it was a nice win as he had failed the first test against the full time golfer,who destroyed him in seconds so beating the full time trucker was nice.

Unknown. Foreman is longer and more powerful and stronger. Mormeck is far better skilled, more athletic and with more strength, power etc also than most all of his beaten opponents.

Safely, If Foreman DID win against Mormeck it might possibly be the best opponent he ever won against in the 70's.
      Foreman destroys Mormeck easily and Mormeck would not be close to the best opponent he fought in the 70s.

I think this era is among the best because it featured the more skilled, athletic and heftier boxers.
      If "hefty" is a euphemism for fat out of shape blobs than I'd agree. I wouldn't agree with that first part.

The number of boxers who were competitive at the lower end of 175lbs towards the 80's declined so far to the point where they raised the limit. Today, again, the number of boxers who are competitive toward the middle 2010's at the lower end of the 200lb limit is becoming fewer and fewer as the average opponent weight rises (obviously).
      You don't see any sub 200 hws in the division because of the weight class change. If it had never been amended then there would be nothing stopping sub 200 hws from entering in the division. Too much emphasis is made on size. Most of these fat lumbering bums would become unstuck if they fought swifter more agile small opponents.

The biggest boxers relied always on strength and the smallest boxers relied always on skills more (duh) and the champions were normally the ones who had a combination of both. Unfrotunately that combination is today found at about 240-250lbs, not at 200 or 215.
      Among Klit's best opponents weighed under 215 in former MW Chris Byrd and former CW David Haye. Chris Byrd had the option of fighting in the lower weight categories but he chose to make the jump to HW because most of the big giants couldn't keep up with his speed.
      Weight is not everything. A 5'10 215lbs Mike Tyson would rip through this HW field quite easily.

And a look to the so-called "prime" Holmes at basially cruiserweight and inexperienced against the 90's one at 230+lbs and vastly more experienced than any other in the division, reveals the reasons why it can be so.

Prime Holmes struggled to beat some pretty average fighters. Silverback Holmes did markedly better.
      That's complete horse****. Holmes best form, best wins and most consistent performance happened during his title run when he was smaller and more nimble. YDKSAB.

I explained the obvious cause and effect which anybody who's sparred regularly at a boxing gym knows is true. Very often the old veterans can school the newbie lions. Especially when they are also hefty.
      Like you have ever laced of gloves in your life?! Cmon it's obvious that you have never boxed. I doubt you've watched much boxing either. Just reading up that HWblog propaganda and duping yourself into believing the Klits are great.

Yeah and Solis and Price and the rest as well. And how well he performed against some of his loss opponents too (Wlad, Pulev).
      Solis was a fat out of shape joke, typical of the era. Price is a big uncoordinated glass chinned stiff with horrible cardio. Nothing really to write home about

Francesco Pianeta was a stay busy fight taken because no other topper opponents were available or were blatantly ducking him at the time.

Pianeta was unbeated still in 28 fights and was big and strong.

If that is what you constitute one of Wlad's worst opponents, then that is undeniable proof of the superior quality of WK's resume.
      At the time Pianeta was probably his best opponent in 2 years. That says quite a bit about the fighter and about the era he fought in.

You think that Marius Wach 27-0 who outtalled and outweighed Wlad who was on steroids and has one of the hardest chins on Earth who bashed OTHER notable giants like above, was a "weak opponent" Delusional!

Wach was never going to win a finesse medal but he is not nearly so clumsy or slow as you are making out, disproved immediately by watching some of those and other fights of his.
      Now Wach is something special lol you Klittards are some kind of special. Even Klit said that he couldn't believe how slow Wach was.

And you should have stayed at GaySpeak
      Not interesting in learning about your browser history. Keep the discussion strictly to boxing.

Comment

Alex Leapai was obese by any standard definition. He came into the fight at a career high 247lbs(40lbs higher than the weight he was at the beginning of his career). He was a full time truck driver and had the first ever full training camp for a fight for Klit(still came in grossly out of shape).
        Alex Leapai..
        http://resources3.news.com.au/images...cc6090b4d9.jpg

LEapai is not fat. Ironically Leapai is more athletic than HALF the versions of Ali and almost every version of Frazier!

The guy does not have a good record. He wasn't a top 50 HW before upsetting WBO#1 ranked Boystov(which is a further indication of how talent barren this era is).
        Besides that Leapai never beat a single top 50 ranked HW. He was KO'd in 2009 by a not so dangerous Kevin Johnson and got his face boxed off losing every round against Malik Scott.
        Leapai would not be fit for sparring at the 5th street gym.
        I guess for Klit it was a nice win as he had failed the first test against the full time golfer,who destroyed him in seconds so beating the full time trucker was nice.
        Ripping on Sanders for being a golfer doesn't change the fact he would obliterate almost any boxer from your pathetic eras and you know it

Azzaoui, Walker and Boytsov were terrific win opponents for LEapai to become an upset mandatory.

And Johnson and Scott are solid boxers too.

All anybody needs to check out to see how ridiculous your opinion is here is how some of your past champions opponents got there title shot!

LEapai got it by beating an undefeated fighter in over 30 fights. Muhammad Ali and Frazier's opponents got their shots by either beating one or more ACTUAL bums by record, or sometimes even by LOSING fights! Don't take my word for it, check it out!

This myth was busted on "my blog" as you call it!

Foreman destroys Mormeck easily and Mormeck would not be close to the best opponent he fought in the 70s.
        Maybe. But Mormeck is better than Norton in every way who is definitely among the best opponents of Foreman then, so Mormeck could very well be his best defeated opponent.

In fact it's obvious George Foreman never beat anybody even CLOSE to Mormecks level.

That's what I mean, The WORST opponents today, even Cruiser ones, would be the BEST fighters of your favourites times. That is an undeniable fact!

If "hefty" is a euphemism for fat out of shape blobs than I'd agree. I wouldn't agree with that first part.
        We haven't been discussing anybody fat yet, but the reality is since you mentioned it that it doesn't matter too much whether it's fat or muscles, weight is what is important. Half the boxers have always been chubby in the HW division.

The only difference today is that the athletic boxer are now more athletic than ANY boxers of the past and today the champions are highly athletic whilst in the past, the CHAMPIONS (like Ali and Frazier) were even FAT!

You don't see any sub 200 hws in the division because of the weight class change. If it had never been amended then there would be nothing stopping sub 200 hws from entering in the division. Too much emphasis is made on size. Most of these fat lumbering bums would become unstuck if they fought swifter more agile small opponents.
        Right before you came back there was a twist of bemusement, a poster called LEnnoxTBE I think, rocked up here and was a prolific nutbag poster like you. For the first time in years I'd heard the excuse that smaller is better. And then he vanished. And now here you are levelling that same accusation.

Aside of skill, weight is then NEXT most important factor in a boxing match, which is why there are divisions. And the reason WHY they raised the limit was to PROTECT the smaller fighters from the larger ones!

They did NOT raise it to protect the chubber chubs from the little fellas because they'd have trouble catching them!

Among Klit's best opponents weighed under 215 in former MW Chris Byrd and former CW David Haye. Chris Byrd had the option of fighting in the lower weight categories but he chose to make the jump to HW because most of the big giants couldn't keep up with his speed.
        Weight is not everything. A 5'10 215lbs Mike Tyson would rip through this HW field quite easily.
        Nobody claimed weight was the only thing important. On the contrary I already issued statement that the smaller fighters are usually the better skilled and the champs are usually the ones who are big AND skilled.

Chris Byrd was a highly unusual defensive fighter who few could imitate, he was a very exceptional competitor. Enter big guys with skills, and suddenly he wasn't quite so good. Larry MErchants view on him was the most accurate. The only real HW he ever wasted was Jimmy Thunder from Tuesday Night Fights.

So yeah, again weight isn't everything, skills are above weight in importance obviously!

Mike Tyson might have ripped through most of this division, however the top 10 say in Tyson's championship prime era, like the Tuckers and the Biggs's and the Tubb's etc, were not 1/10th the formidable boxers that Wladimirs top opponents have been, Tyson, who already failed to KO some of his own opponents and was KOed by bummy featherfist Buster Douglas, pitted against even stronger opposition?

I rate Tyson highly and think he'd MAYBE beat all not named Klitschko or atleast fight on an even level with guys like Povetkin etc, but he isn't whacking out too many guys these days, he's going to struggle simply because he is too small!

Haye, Tyson, Byrd and Chambers, Adamek and Moorer, Holyfield and Cunningham. That is basically an EXHAUSTIVE list of all the former CW's of any significance who have ever been skilled enough to compete in the modern HW division... WOW! LOL

That's complete horse****. Holmes best form, best wins and most consistent performance happened during his title run when he was smaller and more nimble. YDKSAB.
        Name those opponents, so I can rubbish them for you LOL. Seriously, Holmes follows the same blueprint as all nostalgic boxers. When he was unbeaten and whacking guys out, he never faced a decent opponent, as soon as he met better opposition, he struggled and then failed!

Like you have ever laced of gloves in your life?! Cmon it's obvious that you have never boxed. I doubt you've watched much boxing either. Just reading up that HWblog propaganda and duping yourself into believing the Klits are great.
        I do alright, don't worry about me

Solis was a fat out of shape joke, typical of the era. Price is a big uncoordinated glass chinned stiff with horrible cardio. Nothing really to write home about
        You can at times catch me rubbishing fighters like that sometimes, but that's against the criteria of THIS era. Compared to other eras, who the HELL is going to be able to deal with PRice? F/A! And Solis was a solid skilled fighter who happened to be hefty as well, these are GREAT wins, what the hell are you talking about!

But Muhammad Ali beating up a gunshot featherfist cruiser Williams missing his intestines and arriving with a visibly atrophied leg and a limp to the ring was a signature win for Ali? Hahahaha! Right!

At the time Pianeta was probably his best opponent in 2 years. That says quite a bit about the fighter and about the era he fought in.
        Heresay, nobody declared Pianeta his best opponent in 2 years but you!

Now Wach is something special lol you Klittards are some kind of special. Even Klit said that he couldn't believe how slow Wach was.
        That's because Klitschko is unbelievably fast!

Once again, if a 6'7", 260lb (leanish) boxer with an undefeated record like Mariusz Wach is one of Wladimir's WORST opponents (who outweighed and out-talled and out-reached Wlad), then that is PROOF of the Superiority of Wladimir's resume and of the Klitschko era of HW boxing.

You fool! LOL

Comment

it's hilarious how much their manhood depends on wlad losing

it's gonna be so funny if after he's gone, another eastern euro takes over for 10 years

Comment

I have realised something about you JAB..

About your whole little argument of how guys like the Klitschko's opponents manage to get ranked is proof of how the modern era is bad, in actual fact it's a proof of the OPPOSITE! That the quality of the worst opponents is so GOOD!

Ironically the fact that full blown bummy boxers who earned their title challenges by LOSING fights or severe bum beating is a PROOF of the terrible state of the division in YOUR favourite eras!

And if a chinny, featherfisted, punch bag, half blind, chubby bum dwarf like Frazier or a 7 fight bummy cruiser green like Spinks can CHAMPION this era, there is even a case for it being among the WORST eras!

Last edited by Elroy1; 01-28-2015, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 80sFighter View Post
              it's hilarious how much their manhood depends on wlad losing

it's gonna be so funny if after he's gone, another eastern euro takes over for 10 years

You know how much I am hoping right LOL

Comment

while Wilder showed me more than I thought he had, the division is still weak. As poor as the division is, the wlad v wilder fight ihas some real buzz and I think a lot of people will watch.

There is a reason writers/historians didn't rank wlad on the list of top 50 fighters since WWII.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  while Wilder showed me more than I thought he had, the division is still weak. As poor as the division is, the wlad v wilder fight ihas some real buzz and I think a lot of people will watch.

There is a reason writers/historians didn't rank wlad on the list of top 50 fighters since WWII.
                  Yes and I am acutely aware of that reason there Dung and of the reason why you try to cover it up.

But I'll fix your red wagon pretty quick, I'll give TMT Front Office a call and inform them that their paid BoxingScene poster is wasting Floyd's money for The Big Dung to invade Klitschko threads instead of doing what he is supposed to be doing, covering up for Floyd!

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
                    Yes and I am acutely aware of that reason there Dung and of the reason why you try to cover it up.

But I'll fix your red wagon pretty quick, I'll give TMT Front Office a call and inform them that their paid BoxingScene poster is wasting Floyd's money for The Big Dung to invade Klitschko threads instead of doing what he is supposed to be doing, covering up for Floyd!
                    Just accept the fact true journalists/historians, and not racist shills/internet jokes like HWBlogger, do not think wlad deserved a spot on the list. Its because of his wins and losses, no more, no less.

Comment

He looked ok in his last fight, and he was obviously trying to make a good impression to HBO and the U.S. fans.

He wanted to finally deliver a decent performance, and he did.

It was a nice knockout.

But as I watched the fight, I shook my head and thought to myself 'how did HW boxing become so bad?'

The fact that Pulev was the number 1 contender, and was widely regarded as Klit's toughest test for a long time, just speaks volumes to me on how weak this division is.

Let's be brutally honest here.

Pulev showed heart but not much skill, waving his left like a wand, no movement whatsoever, dropping his right arm completely open for left hooks

he's not in any way a good fighter.

Klit had to excessively hold on to Pulev to avoid any exchanges. He was even rocked early by a light jab, showing his weak punch resistance.

Klit is an ok HW, but his competition is extremely weak.

Would Pulev have troubled many HW champs of the past?

I'll say no, definitely not.

So we can give credit to Klit for finally looking halfway decent, and coming in good shape at his age, and putting in an ok performance.

But this division is weak, and he did not beat a good fighter in his last fight.

His next fight is against a highly ranked contender in Byrant Jennings who only started boxing 5 years ago and is a full time mechanic by trade.

I watched his last fight against an out of shape Cuban and he did not look good. He only won because the opponent tired out and was deducted a point. Still even a draw would have been fair.

This guy is the highest ranked voluntary that Klit can face and is considered one of the top HWs in the world at the moment. This again speaks volumes on how bad the HW division currently is.

Thoughts?
                      Thoughts?

YDKSAB.

Comment

Working...
                      X