Comments Thread For: Golden Boy inks Extension with Lucas Matthysse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
    WAR OSCAR!!!!

I do feel torn on this though... Matthysse dreamed of fights that were only possible by joining Haymon (Danny rematch/Mayweather fight). I don't know how Oscar locked him down but good for him, not to good for Matthysse IMO considering Haymon has the best fighters between 140-147. Maybe he promised him a Pacquiao fight. I'm guessing Oscar will use Matthysse at some point to elevate one of his prospects.
    haymon has 2 of the top 3 guys at 140 but matthysse fought them both already. haymon only has 1 out of the top 6 guys at 147. he actually opened up more options by leaving haymon.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      haymon has 2 of the top 3 guys at 140 but matthysse fought them both already. haymon only has 1 out of the top 6 guys at 147. he actually opened up more options by leaving haymon.
      Thurman, Guerrero, Garcia (who'll move up soon), Khan (who is expected to sign with Haymon as soon as his contract is up), Maidana, Porter.. I can't recall more names atm, but that looks like one hell of a roster at 147.

Also, Matthysse really wanted that Garcia rematch much like Marquez urged for his Pacquiao rematch. It's that little thorn that will haunt him for his entire career IMO. He was also hopeful of a Mayweather shot down the line which was a good selling point for Haymon (it surprises me he didn't sway him his way tbqh).

Comment

BTW who does Oscar and Bob have at 147? It'd be kind of cool to get an updated list of all the fighters under their new banners.

I'll check the TR site tomorrow, I really need to catch some sleep. ZZZZZzzzzzZzzZzz.

Comment

Looks like Lucas vs Provo soon.

Comment

Thurman, Guerrero, Garcia (who'll move up soon), Khan (who is expected to sign with Haymon as soon as his contract is up), Maidana, Porter.. I can't recall more names atm, but that looks like one hell of a roster at 147.

Also, Matthysse really wanted that Garcia rematch much like Marquez urged for his Pacquiao rematch. It's that little thorn that will haunt him for his entire career IMO. He was also hopeful of a Mayweather shot down the line which was a good selling point for Haymon (it surprises me he didn't sway him his way tbqh).
            Those guys are all welterweights and some of them wouldn't have wanted to fight LM anyway, and Matthysse himself was only interested in moving up for Mayweather.

He made the right call imo, and truth be told I don't think Garcia would ever have given him that rematch.
            Last edited by Weebler I; 01-23-2015, 05:01 AM.

Comment

pac, bradley, brook, marquez, khan, prov, rios/alvarado winner, vargas, crawford, and maybe mikey garcia are all options now that previously weren't. why wait for a match with garcia or broner that might not happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                Not sure whether to be pleased or disappointed.

Potential match-ups?

Matthysse v Provodnikov, Bradley, Pacquiao, Herrera, Algieri, Vargas, Postol, Rios, Khabib, Alvarado, Marquez.

With Haymon it would have been:

Matthysse v Broner, Garcia rematch and an outside shot of Mayweather

Probably the right decision from Lucas, misses out on Broner which is okay since Broner is not great but he'll never be able to avenge the Garcia defeat, then again who cares if he can get Pacquiao.
                He can fight Crawford, too.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
                  He can fight Crawford, too.
                  I forgot him, that's a great fight.

I don't think Bob will be in any rush to make those fights just yet but if Oscar can give us Provodnikov & Herrera in 2015 it would be a nice return if Lucas can win establishing him at the top of the division (espec. if Garcia moves up as expected).

Comment

Oscar got dressed in drag and ****ed Lucas into submission.

Comment

WAR OSCAR!!!!

I do feel torn on this though... Matthysse dreamed of fights that were only possible by joining Haymon (Danny rematch/Mayweather fight). I don't know how Oscar locked him down but good for him, not to good for Matthysse IMO considering Haymon has the best fighters between 140-147. Maybe he promised him a Pacquiao fight. I'm guessing Oscar will use Matthysse at some point to elevate one of his prospects.
                      They made a thread about you being a fighter and you vanished. What ever happened with that?

Comment

Working...
                      X