Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best fights for Kell Brook in 2015?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he doesn't get the Khan fight, Marquez would probably be the best option. A win over him would raise his profile in America. Or Bradley.

Comment

I would say Maidana. He's known to some of the more casual British fans due to fighting Khan, is coming off the back of two decent performances against Mayweather and might even be willing to travel for the right money & a title shot at this stage.. If not Brook-Maidana in the States is a good step. If he beats him in style, like a couple others said he will be considered seriously legit.
      I talk a lot of smack about Brook and his career choices, but if he steps up and takes out some credible opponents I will happily eat that humble pie.

Comment

I think he should just forget about the Khan fight and move on, and not do what Amir's doing by waiting around and being someone else's b*tch.

Would love to see him fight Maidana or Bradley over here that would be great.

Comment

Brooks prob is he isn't big in the US at all. Brook Porter had very low ratings. Lets be real, its a bit silly to think he could ever land a Pac or Floyd fight.

JMM or a Khan fight would be great. But I think Brook should fight Thurman as that is a fight he could get. I do not think JMM is going to fight Brook. JMM is gonna retire or fight a far softer touch.

Comment

Maidana in the UK could be interesting - he is Argentinian so that could hype the fight.

Bradley would be a very solid fight in the US.

Khan in the UK - easily the most appealing and highest value fight.

Marquez - meaningless IMO, like Khan beating Barrera.

Comment

Originally posted by Lullaby View Post
              Amir Khan in the Uk since Brook isn't a big name in the Uk in all honesty.

If Khan had beaten Porter we'd never heard the end of it. You're the guy who also said Alexander was a better win than Porter. Haha.

On note, Khan obviously. Marquez, Bradley, Thurman could all get it. I'd also fancy him to do Pacquiao at Wembley.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                Maidana in the UK could be interesting - he is Argentinian so that could hype the fight.

Bradley would be a very solid fight in the US.

Khan in the UK - easily the most appealing and highest value fight.

Marquez - meaningless IMO, like Khan beating Barrera.
                How do you figure that? Marquez is still ranked by most in the top 10 fighters in the world. Barrera was completely off the radar when he fought Khan

Comment

Forgetting Khan for now. In ranking of the most credible & realistic this imo:
                  1. Bradley
                  2. Maidana
                  3. JMM
                  4. Thurman
                  5. Guerrero / Rios / Alvarado

In order of risk vs Reward:
                  1. JMM
                  2. Maidana
                  3. Guerrero / Rios / Alvarado
                  4. Bradley (probs most open to debate, just not sure how much he'd make and Bradley is always a tough proposition)
                  5. Thurman

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    How do you figure that? Marquez is still ranked by most in the top 10 fighters in the world. Barrera was completely off the radar when he fought Khan
                    Barrera was actually ranked higher than Khan at the time...

Marquez is 41 years old and not a natural WW.

It is not a bad fight, just not as appealing as the other three listed by me.

Barrera was just part of the Khan hype train post Prescott.

Prime Barrera would have murdered Khan.

Comment

Brook beats any Welterweight in the world, including Floyd & Manny.

Comment

Working...
                      X