No announcement yet.

Best fights for Kell Brook in 2015?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best fights for Kell Brook in 2015?

First off, Brook has said he will take care of the IBF mandatory Jo Jo Dan, afterwards he will seek out the bigger and better fights.

Obviously Amir Khan is a choice as it would do great numbers and be a good money fight in England. Who else would you line up for Kell Brook to solidfy himself as a top fighter today who deserves to call himself champion among Mayweather and Pacquiao in the Welterweight division?

So if you were guiding Brook's career who would you line him up with?

After his mandatory I would say someone like Keith Thurman is the perfect fight. Two guys with skill still proving themselves, despite good wins they both need big name top level fighters on their resume, also them being undefeated is a good mark on their records.

Aside from rising One Time Thurman, there are the ex-champions Bradley and Maidana. A rugged boxer in Bradley and a true slugger in Maidana, both top notch in their respective styles.

If I was guiding him then JoJo Dan followed by Marquez then onto Khan/Pacquaio or Floyd.

I'd steer him clear of Bradley and Thurman not because I think they win but because those two bring peanuts to the table.
    They are always going to be impossible to look good against, they have no fanbase and bring no money nor title.

Comment

Bradley, Pacquiao, & Floyd are too good for Brook. Otherwise, he can hang with everybody else.
      Last edited by Showtime..; 01-23-2015, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Amir Khan in the Uk since Brook isn't a big name in the Uk in all honesty.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          If I was guiding him then JoJo Dan followed by Marquez then onto Khan/Pacquaio or Floyd.

I'd steer him clear of Bradley and Thurman not because I think they win but because those two bring peanuts to the table.
          They are always going to be impossible to look good against, they have no fanbase and bring no money nor title.
          Marquez is a good fight, very winnable fight for Brook too. Big name, good for the resume, and good money. They just have to lure Marquez into a fight he knows he could probably lose but Marquez does want a Welterweight title.

I think Maidana would be the next best fight, if he looks impressive and wins something like 117-111 against Maidana then people would call for Brook to test Floyd or Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
            Marquez is a good fight, very winnable fight for Brook too. Big name, good for the resume, and good money. They just have to lure Marquez into a fight he knows he could probably lose but Marquez does want a Welterweight title.

I think Maidana would be the next best fight, if he looks impressive and wins something like 117-111 against Maidana then people would call for Brook to test Floyd or Pac.

That is who I'd look to get because I think Brook has the style to really shine against Marquez, dare I say it maybe even stop him.

Not sure about Madonna I think he could be quite risky with his relentless pressure and crudeness. Brook may need to be punch perfect.
            Its one I'd love to see as a fan but with having Brooks best interests at heart I'd probably avoid that one. Unlike Thurman and Bradley I think there is a good risk involved there.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              That is who I'd look to get because I think Brook has the style to really shine against Marquez, dare I say it maybe even stop him.

Not sure about Madonna I think he could be quite risky with his relentless pressure and crudeness. Brook may need to be punch perfect.
              Its one I'd love to see as a fan but with having Brooks best interests at heart I'd probably avoid that one. Unlike Thurman and Bradley I think there is a good risk involved there.
              Quite frankly I believe Brook would blast Marquez out. He would look immaculate against Marquez. Marquez is too old and stylistically I see the fight leaning towards Brook from start growing stronger towards the finish.

Comment

I feel extremely confident in picking Brook to beat everyone outside of the big two. I think he outboxes and stops Marquez and outboxes Bradley, which are the two best fights other than the obvious one.

At this stage of their careers I also think he has a very real shot to beat the big two. His size, jab and timing will be a problem for anybody.

Comment

if he's going to fight like dr. clinchko then he should stay away from anyone who comes forward. just fight boxers like jojo dan so he can look good and save his reputation.

Comment

I think Maidana would be a good fight for him at some point. He doesnt seem to deal well with people who clinch him on the inside, and Brook showed he can nullify offensive fighters in the clinch. He also gained a lot of prestige after his competitive losses to Mayweather, though whether that translates into actual bums on seats i dont know

Marquez wouldnt be a bad choice, but im pretty sure he will soon retire.

Bradley could be an interesting fight, but like Dan says he brings little to the table money wise. Same as Thurman.

Hopefully they can get the Khan fight on later this year too

Comment

Working...
                    X