Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo, Without an Opponent, Training For 5/2 Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If May is only for Mexicans, why does he wanna fight a Puerto Rican. And his plan b is an African (Clottey). One things for sure, Floyd will boot him off that date.

Comment

Cotto and canelo are prob waiting on the pac mayweather negotiations. Pac and may seems to be happening and that's the only fight that can bump canelo cotto off May 2nd. Canelo cotto is most likely going down in June once pac may is official for the 2nd

Comment

Originally posted by CLUNG3-TANK View Post
        Genetics. Fighting 12/3 minute rounds is crazy. Not to mention he's firing off power combos (and missing). Some people have natural elite stamina and fitness, some have natural ****ty stamina.

Canelos stamina I honestly believe he couldn't improve much more. Because he started pro young he's been training 4/6/10 rounders instead of the amateur 3 rounders since he was a wee un, and the stamina should have been built up to a beasty level by now.
        idk about that. Nowadays many fighters gas some sooner than others. I think because they only train during camp and get fat in between so most of the time they focus on making weight

Comment

Originally posted by parrish duke View Post
          Yes - and I think it's a tad deeper, Cotto has been in this game a lot longer, peep his patience . Why sign for a fight when a bigger fight is getting negotiated for the same date? Cotto is not Mexican so he can care less about the date. Canelo's eagerness will be his downfall - love it how Mayweather steps in and regulates with the a voice from the media, his mere presence is disruptive enuff.
          shut up you idiot.canelo is the reason gayweather jr has no choice but to fight Pacquiao.go canelo

Comment

Well said!! He's being smart about it
            Originally posted by SergioMartinez View Post
            I think it's clear whats the hold up.

Like Pac had Vargas as a backup, Cotto was Mayweathers backup.

And Cotto is basically sitting aside to see what happens with Pac Vs May.
            If the fight happens, he will sign the fight Vs Canelo.
            At that point HBO or Goldenboy will more than likely reschedule it for a different date.

So to me this is good news in the May Vs Pac possible match, because it shows with the hold up Mayweather and Pac are in serious negotiations.

Comment

If Floyd/Pac is indeed happening on 5/2 then Canelo needs to get off of his high horse and respectfully bow down and move his bout with Cotto to another date.

Comment

its all a chess match! Promoters aren't just people with a fk load of money, big egos, hidden agendas, etc., which is why only the big/strong/smart ones survive that industry. My opinion is that De La Hoya and Arum are baiting Mayweather with a glimpse of their King to see if he bites.

If Money chooses to fight ANYONE but Pacman....that fight becomes irrelevant to any boxing fan (loyal or disloyal). Not even Kahn can help him save his beloved May date (despite his spectacular performance against Alexander). Cotto vs Canelo will prevail if it actually comes down to a showdown between events.

This will come down to Mayweather vs. Top Rank & Golden boy. Which ever way this ends; Mayweather Vs. Pacman or Cotto vs. Canelo both TR and GB will either be making a fk load of money or opening new roads to make even more money on a very popular date(which ultimately what THEY want)
                Last edited by brwnbufflo; 01-14-2015, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X