Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are we supposed to respect boxers as athletes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are we supposed to respect boxers as athletes?

they fight twice a year while soccer or tennis players for example play like 50-100-200 matches a year

Fk off..........

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/sportSkills

Comment

Why not respect them? they put their life on the line every fight.

OP what is wrong with you dude?

Comment

Not every boxer fights twice a year and yes without a doubt you pay respect for the dangers they take for our entertainment. Boxing is the most dangerous contact sport and the most grueling to the body and mind. No sport has had as many directly related deaths. Boxing is a sport for the toughest individuals in the world and yet it is the least respected next to MMA.

For all the trash talk I and many others give these warriors, I respect them fullfully and admire their choices to perform in such a dangerous sport.

As the great Joe Frazier once said "Boxing is the ONLY sport you can get your brain shook, your money took and your name in the undertakers book."

Comment

If boxers where to fight 200 times a year, we would be seeing fighters for very long what so ever.

Comment

Guys over in Thailand, and the Phils still fighting every month like this is the turn of the century 1900s. I don't know how you can be a fan of this sport and not respect boxers as athletes.

Comment

you have to respect them as warriors. going into the ring against guys wearing pillow gloves. pure-warrior status.

Comment

this thread might be the worst of all time it show just how disrespected fighters are. your seriously gonna ask if a fighter is an athlete then use they only fight twice a year as your reasoning seriouslY? give me a ****in break bro

Comment

Have you ever seen their workout routines? Pacquiao's routine is insane! Same for Mayweather. Boxers are world class athletes.

The fact they fight only a few times a year has more to do with the fact boxing isn't as popular as it once was than they being lazy.

Comment

Working...
                    X