Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: Canelo Won't Be Pretty Boy After Cotto is Done!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skinnystev View Post
    both these pretenders to the middleweight crown already beaten by floyd jr
    how does that make them a pretender because they were beaten by floyd? are u gonna try say they wont fight ggg even tho they will make double fighting eachother even tho ggg uses money as well as an excuse not to fight people?

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
      Everything you say is correct. Still doesn't change Mayweather almost dropped Cotto. And doesn't change Cottos resistance to big punches isn't that great. Canelo is a big puncher. And Cotto is there to be hit. I think if he gets dragged into a war (or a semi-war) he's not going to hold up. I'm a big fan of both fighters and I know both fighters tendencies. I know Cotto will be bouncing in and out like he does when he knows he's in there with someone dangerous, he will try to execute a game plan similar to what he used vs Margarito. Difference is Canelo is ten times the boxer Margarito was and is stronger.
      And canelo doesn't have the chin margacheato had nor the stamina a nor pressure margacheato had. Canelo is not the monster puncher people make him out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by vaborikua2014 View Post
        And canelo doesn't have the chin margacheato had nor the stamina a nor pressure margacheato had. Canelo is not the monster puncher people make him out to be.
        They both have stamina issues but to be quite honest with you, both guys actually looked to have improved on that in 2014. I didn't see Canelo gassed, nor Cotto. So whatever they have been doing seems to have corrected these so called stamina issues.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
          Everything you say is correct. Still doesn't change Mayweather almost dropped Cotto. And doesn't change Cottos resistance to big punches isn't that great. Canelo is a big puncher. And Cotto is there to be hit. I think if he gets dragged into a war (or a semi-war) he's not going to hold up. I'm a big fan of both fighters and I know both fighters tendencies. I know Cotto will be bouncing in and out like he does when he knows he's in there with someone dangerous, he will try to execute a game plan similar to what he used vs Margarito. Difference is Canelo is ten times the boxer Margarito was and is stronger.
          Cotto's sucky brother almost "dropped" Canelo. And I think Canelo's power is overrated. Margarito? Plaster "wins" get no real consideration from me. Cotto's skill level will be the difference along with Freddie Roach's game plan.

Cotto wins 7-5 decision.

Comment

The only thing that makes this fight interesting to me at this point is Canelos dog **** stamina. If Cotto can't take him into deep waters with a quick pace I think Canelo beats him up. If he can stay upright and tire Canelo he might find a punching bag in front of him during the championship rounds. I'm still betting this version of Canelo is just too much for an old Cotto.

Comment

LOL @ people comparing Canelo to Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by B0XEO View Post
                LOL @ people comparing Canelo to Margarito.
                lol @ people saying cotto is going to "outbox" canelo where the fck you get this from?

Comment

Originally posted by StopCrying... View Post
                  Cotto's sucky brother almost "dropped" Canelo. And I think Canelo's power is overrated. Margarito? Plaster "wins" get no real consideration from me. Cotto's skill level will be the difference along with Freddie Roach's game plan.

Cotto wins 7-5 decision.
                  Cottos "sucky" Brother almost dropped a 18 year old Canelo 5+ years ago. Nice. That's a great philosophical assessment. You should run down to Vegas and bet your house on Cotto, given this insider information you have.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
                    lol @ people saying cotto is going to "outbox" canelo where the fck you get this from?
                    Canelo is not that good of a boxer !!!!! its a fact, to have the experience of beating all of the smaller fighters he has beaten and still cannot cut the ring off shows he is not that good of a boxer - canelo is one of the best combo punchers in the game, and he is a tough boy! Cotto has major pop, and major skill set! Cotto's only ***** in his armor is who his trainer is - Not dissing roach at all because I think he is the right trainer for Cotto - Cotto follows the game plan and instructions to a T ! The Cotto that dog walked Martinez is a handful for anyone and that strategy was implemented by Roach! Anyone that fights Cotto always states how deceptive his speed is, and how hard it is to hit him! His uncle did not check Margacheato's hand wraps! Cotto had no corner against Manny - its on youtube go look at the fight - his father kissed him on his forhead around the 8th or 9th round, he had no instructions on what to do with Manny after Roach made his adjustments. goes back to my point he needs the right trainer to implement the right game plan! When he starts tapping that nose of Canelo you all will see, and I see Cotto challenging GGG in the near future - Cotto has fought EVERYONE! how can even you haters hate on that?

Comment

Originally posted by parrish duke View Post
                      Canelo is not that good of a boxer !!!!! its a fact, to have the experience of beating all of the smaller fighters he has beaten and still cannot cut the ring off shows he is not that good of a boxer - canelo is one of the best combo punchers in the game, and he is a tough boy! Cotto has major pop, and major skill set! Cotto's only ***** in his armor is who his trainer is - Not dissing roach at all because I think he is the right trainer for Cotto - Cotto follows the game plan and instructions to a T ! The Cotto that dog walked Martinez is a handful for anyone and that strategy was implemented by Roach! Anyone that fights Cotto always states how deceptive his speed is, and how hard it is to hit him! His uncle did not check Margacheato's hand wraps! Cotto had no corner against Manny - its on youtube go look at the fight - his father kissed him on his forhead around the 8th or 9th round, he had no instructions on what to do with Manny after Roach made his adjustments. goes back to my point he needs the right trainer to implement the right game plan! When he starts tapping that nose of Canelo you all will see, and I see Cotto challenging GGG in the near future - Cotto has fought EVERYONE! how can even you haters hate on that?
                      lol hes fought everyone and got his ass kicked. Floyd had this guy on ***** street in that 11th or 12th round. Cotto is a welterweight, no power at middleweight. Why? Cause he stopped crippled Sergio ? "your knees arent responding champ!!" Canelo is going to WRECK cotto. It's not even going to be close. I'll gladly take all your points if you want to bet.

Comment

Working...
                      X