Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could boxing ever produce an event as big as WrestleMania III?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could boxing ever produce an event as big as WrestleMania III?

i mean just look at the atmosphere INSANE this is what boxing needs

What? Boxing back in the days held alot of packed houses.

Also, there's been a bigger crowd in wrestling, I remember scotty steiner saying they went to north Korea and they packed 100,000 or more I think. Wm 3 also is questionable for their attendance count.

Comment

Originally posted by The Problem View Post
      i mean just look at the atmosphere INSANE this is what boxing needs

As far as attendance goes i think they can... cowboy stadium would be the perfect place to stage the fight imo... more butts in the seats=s better atmosphere! but floyd, arum and co. Think its a vegas fight, so thats highly likely where it will take place...

Comment

Boxing in the US is more about smaller elitist crowds and charging heaps for the big fights.

Comment

rofl, I had to watch that youtube video to see what it was all about. Man, it's so fake to watch, it's baffling how people are so in to it. My favorite part was when the Giant went to headbutt Hulk on the outside and ends up smacking himself into the ring post, except... his head never touched it, rofl. Then the commentator has to reassure the audience that he did by saying, HE SURE DID. lol, what a bunch of drones in that crowd.

Comment

we already have.

Comment

Yes maybe floyd vs manny in the states. Guaranteed in the Phillipines
              Froch vs Calzaghe in the uk
              Canelo vs chavez jr in mexico

Comment

Originally posted by drenlou View Post
                As far as attendance goes i think they can... cowboy stadium would be the perfect place to stage the fight imo... more butts in the seats=s better atmosphere! but floyd, arum and co. Think its a vegas fight, so thats highly likely where it will take place...
                Mayweather-Alvarez brought in $20m at the gate; if Mayweather-Pacquiao is as big a fight as folks on here want to view it as, it would be reasonable to expect a $30m-$50m gate for said fight.

Even if 100,000 people show up to JerryLand for the fight, there's no way that they bring in even $15m off of that at the gate.

And "better atmosphere", lol? One day at Jerry Jones' faux mausoleum in Arlington, TX or a fight week in Vegas? Almost 17,000 people watching the fight live at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, 10,000 watching the fight by stagescreen setup at the Mandalay Bay Events Center, and another 15,000 people watching the fight on closed circuit across the rest of the MGM Las Vegas properties.

You can't deliver a 2-3 week event, which the hype for Mayweather-Pacquiao would warrant, from Arlington, TX.

Comment

Only if Floyd signs the contract and stops ducking Salka.

Comment

WrestleMania and all the hype is fun, but there is no comparison to a big fight. The atmosphere is more electrifying and the PPV numbers are bigger.

Comment

Working...
                    X