Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what's the latest on Andre Ward? No word yet on him fighting again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fallen_ego View Post
    I hear you but if they aren't offering him fights, what's the point of keeping him under contract? I mean, the dude has a family to support. Doesn't make financial sense keeping him on the shelf. They have to put the lawsuit behind them and move on. It's the same reason why I have issues with Bob Arum. Either work out your differences and offer them fights or let them go. He handled Chavez Jr. and Mikey Garcia's situation wrong.
    Its called revenge for suing them for no reason, its karma. Two wrongs don't make a right but i don't feel sorry for ward.

Comment

I hear you but if they aren't offering him fights, what's the point of keeping him under contract? I mean, the dude has a family to support. Doesn't make financial sense keeping him on the shelf. They have to put the lawsuit behind them and move on. It's the same reason why I have issues with Bob Arum. Either work out your differences and offer them fights or let them go. He handled Chavez Jr. and Mikey Garcia's situation wrong.
      ward wouldn't fight bute or stevenson and his minimum is 2 million dollars. where are you going to get 2 million dollars if he's not willing to fight top guys? the edwin rodriguez free rides are over.

Comment

He's boring no doubt but I want him to be in the mix at 175. Lot of good matchups there.
        but he doesn't want to move up. he wouldn't even fight bute or stevenson(at 168) so there's no way in hell he's fighting stevenson at 175 or kovalev. i don't see anyone at 168 that is worth fighting so he should just retire until someone good comes along at 168 that he's not scared of.

Comment

I enjoy watching him fight, but I wish HBO would cut him loose from calling the action as a commentator on their network. So he can make his money the old fashion way, fighting in the ring.

Comment

They have offered him fights, that's where your wrong. They couldn't get him a Froch rematch because Ward didn't want to fight in the UK but they offered Ward quite a few guys to at least keep Ward active and make money but Ward turned them down and took them to court instead. He was offered Sakio Bika, Anthony Dirrell, James Degale and Maxim Vlasov, all of which would have got him a minimum of $2 million dollars. I mean he got over $2m for Rodriguez. What more can they do for the guy? If Froch doesn't want to fight him in Oakland, and if Chavez jr is having his own promotional problems, the only thing he can do is stay active, fight the best guys available while he waits. But because he's sued unsuccessfully three times now, it's only extended his contract further.

Comment

I don't care who he fights and for which promoter or on which network he does it on, but he's clearly one of the best fighters in the world and it's terrible that he seems to just keep fighting a one time and sues his promoter. If it doesn't go his way this time, I fully expect it to happen again immediately after his next fight.

Comment

hes a bum who cares, another so called slick fighter who uses "vertern' tactics lol.

in a fair fight (non veteran tactics needed) ward will lose 10 out of 10 times.

Its telling when a fighting cant fighting without resorting to does scumbag tactics.

Comment

I am a fan, but he needs to get his @$$ back in the ring as a boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexaAriza View Post
                    hes a bum who cares, another so called slick fighter who uses "vertern' tactics lol.

in a fair fight (non veteran tactics needed) ward will lose 10 out of 10 times.

Its telling when a fighting cant fighting without resorting to does scumbag tactics.
                    It's gonna be ok buddy let out all that anger

Comment

Really, really unfortunate that a guy of his caliber has wasted THIS MUCH time out of his prime, smh.

Comment

Working...
                      X