Roach recently on Golovkin: "He has the best footwork in boxing"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roach confusing GGG with Loma imo.

Comment

Golovkin has great offensive footwork, I can see why Roach in particular would like that part of his game.

Defensive footwork however, doesn't appear to exist. Imo there are more rounded fighters who have very good attacking footwork and defensive footwork (e.g. Vasily Lomachenko).

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1836 View Post
        I was very surprised by Roach's answer to what he thinks of golovkin, he said he has the best footwork in boxing. wow, he also went on to say he think he needs to fight bigger names and such but he is very impressed with what he sees.

at 5:03
        Roach does appreciate Golovkin's "switch"... No surprise here.

Comment

strange that he has only seen one golovkin fight. I mean isn't this what this guy does for living? A guy everyone is raving about and you only watch him once, he might even fight cotto soon.

about the footwork though. I think that is probably what allowed him to take that punch then give one back that knocked Geale down. If geale was off balance his punch would be weaker and GGG was well balanced as he says about 90% of the time

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
            Roach confusing GGG with Loma imo.
            Nope. The difference is that Golovkin doesn't move for "aesthetics" sake... Golovkin looks "minimalist"...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              Nope. The difference is that Golovkin doesn't move for "aesthetics" sake... Golovkin looks "minimalist"...
              Yep, this so much.

Loma spends about 50% of his movements doing rather pointless, amatuer bouncy movements for nothing but looking good. Golovkin wastes no movements, no energy and didn't lose his 2nd fight like Loma did.

People are confusing fast footwork with effective footwork. It doesn't have to be blindingly fast to do the same job.

Comment

Yeah I'm sure Roach picked all that up in the 2-8 rounds he saw GGG fight once.

Regardless, his footwork is great for his style of fighting.

Comment

Rigo has by far the best footwork

Comment

Originally posted by witter87 View Post
                    Rigo has by far the best footwork
                    Two totally different styles.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                      Two totally different styles.
                      People (in the U.S.) usually don't actually understand the difference between the "Cuban School" and the "Soviet school"... As these schools are both "minimalist" in expression... The Cuban school is "aesthetically purist", while the Soviet school is basically offensive oriented...

(I'm an "Art Dealer", as main trade...)

Comment

Working...
                      X