Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Floyd beat an average male in a street fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

id go with the average male dude.

anybody who screams like this you do not want in a fight with you:

smdh....

floyd would get wrecked if it was one on one in a dark alley.

no kenny bayless to help you floyd. no lidocaine either.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      Why couldn't he? is he confined what if its in an empty parking lot?

How did you determine this?

Chino is another pro fighter and a good one at that so hardly a fair comparison.
      Last reply, obviously we will never agree but here it goes.

It could be anywhere, that's the whole point, it could be in an empty parking lot, it could also be in a small room or a place with dangerous terrain. He can't choose, meaning that his movement (which is a large part of his defense) could be nullified.

A street fight usually ends when one person is knocked out, submitted, or tired out to a point where he can no longer fight, the other is the winner. If you can't damage your opponent, it doesn't matter how pretty you look, it is all about the damage. An aggressive minded fighter usually tries to damage his opponent, while a defense-first boxer fighter like Floyd mostly focuses on not taking damage. I am not saying you can't box, but you have to box your way into a knockout(like I said a boxer puncher, or an aggressive counter puncher like Marquez), not to survive. Like I said, in the context of a street fight, I am not sure how that can be disputed.

You completely missed my point, I didn't compare Chino to a street fighter, but compared what he did to what a street fighter would do. Rest assured that in a street fight, the person biting wouldn't let go, and Floyd's whining wouldn't do much good and there would no ref to save him.

Comment

Amazing that on a boxing site for so called hardcore fans..that anyone thinks some dude can beat up not just a pro fighter...but a world class, elite atg fighter who is considered the best in the world....amazing

Comment

And in all honestly reading the posts here these posters have never been in a fight in their damn lives....99.9999 percent of fights begin in fist fights and when they get tired or hurt they try to grab...fights end after the 1st couple of flush shots..the average man will QUIT!!!! after a good stiff jab and that is a damn fact

Comment

Reading the comments, you can clearly tell who never had a fight in their life. I mean I thought you guys liked boxing, no way you can be this naive to entertain the idea. Forget Floyd for a second, these *****s wouldn't **** with Paulie on the street. I mean seriously, all the pro fighters in the world and have you ever heard of any average joe beating up any professional fighter. I'd pay to see any of you guys on here, fight an old retired ex pro! Either the hate is real or you guys don't really know boxing.

Dumb thread

Comment

floyd is a weak coward. he said it himself.

what is floyd going to do if he was by himself in a dark alley?

clinch and hold excessively?

id take that fat bum dwyer who makes boxing prediction videos on youtube over floyd in a dark rainy alley.

Comment

Originally posted by ea22 View Post
                Last reply, obviously we will never agree but here it goes.

It could be anywhere, that's the whole point, it could be in an empty parking lot, it could also be in a small room or a place with dangerous terrain. He can't choose, meaning that his movement (which is a large part of his defense) could be nullified.

A street fight usually ends when one person is knocked out, submitted, or tired out to a point where he can no longer fight, the other is the winner. If you can't damage your opponent, it doesn't matter how pretty you look, it is all about the damage. An aggressive minded fighter usually tries to damage his opponent, while a defense-first boxer fighter like Floyd mostly focuses on not taking damage. I am not saying you can't box, but you have to box your way into a knockout(like I said a boxer puncher, or an aggressive counter puncher like Marquez), not to survive. Like I said, in the context of a street fight, I am not sure how that can be disputed.

You completely missed my point, I didn't compare Chino to a street fighter, but compared what he did to what a street fighter would do. Rest assured that in a street fight, the person biting wouldn't let go, and Floyd's whining wouldn't do much good and there would no ref to save him.
                So good level pros have a hard time hitting him cleanly and some guy is just going to run at Floyd with no defense and steamroll him because there are no gloves and ropes?

How would they land on him since he is so fast and has great timing? How would they not just walk into clean hard shots since they have no real defense? How without defense and a speed disadvantage would they stop Floyd from landing anything he wants?

As for Maidana biting it was a pro fight in a boxing ring, he wasn't exactly expecting to be bit where as in a street fight he can anticipate anything happening

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                  Can a trained world class fighter beat an average dude in fighting??

Can Nate Robinson beat the average guy in basketball??
                  So good level pros have a hard time hitting him cleanly and some guy is just going to run at Floyd with no defense and steamroll him because there are no gloves and ropes?

How would they land on him since he is so fast and has great timing? How would they not just walk into clean hard shots since they have no real defense? How without defense and a speed disadvantage would they stop Floyd from landing anything he wants?

As for Maidana biting it was a pro fight in a boxing ring, he wasn't exactly expecting to be bit where as in a street fight he can anticipate anything happening
                  Why aren't you taking the massive weight different into account here? imagine an 85 kilo dudebro bull rushing floyd you'd think he'd still be able to do that?

Comment

Originally posted by The Problem View Post
                    Why aren't you taking the massive weight different into account here? imagine an 85 kilo dudebro bull rushing floyd you'd think he'd still be able to do that?
                    Yes, you don't get such a great output on punch resistance per lb of body weight and we are not talking about a pro fighter conditioned to being hit. Yes you do get conditioned and used to being hit when you train in a boxing gym and spar enough.

Comment

Yes, you don't get such a great output on punch resistance per lb of body weight and we are not talking about a pro fighter conditioned to being hit. Yes you do get conditioned and used to being hit when you train in a boxing gym and spar enough.
                      don't matter. It's amazing what people can do when they're full of adrenaline

Comment

Working...
                      X