Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Bryant Jennings asking too much in wanting $2 million to fight Wlad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Bryant Jennings asking too much in wanting $2 million to fight Wlad?

That doesn't seem like an unreasonable amount to me especially for a heavyweight title fight on HBO. Klitschko would still be getting the lion's share of the money.

What's the total purse?

Jennings shouldn't be getting f-all to be honest, $2 million for a guy whose only notable wins are Spilka and Perez. Doesn't even deserve the shot, never mind a multi-million payday.

Comment

Depends what the overall budget is, and how much they anticipate making off the card. Also what has Jennings done to warrant that amount? Fighting a hw champ doesn't entail that you deserve some huge purse. Guys much more accomplished aren't getting that kind of money.

Comment

Hell no, Jennings has a greater earning potential. He's only started making some big fights and he's still developing as a fighter. If he fights and gets badly beaten by Wlad he loses a great deal of his earning potential.

Being with Roc Nations instead of just Gary Shaw should give him a great platform for launching the next phase of his career. He's already mandatory for the Wilder/Stiverne winner.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          That doesn't seem like an unreasonable amount to me especially for a heavyweight title fight on HBO. Klitschko would still be getting the lion's share of the money.
          I think it is pretty unrealistic. 2 million on HBO not PPV?
          I also don't see him getting any German money. If he doesn't get picked, hope it's briggs over Ruiz if it comes down to it

Comment

Depends on how you look at it.

Has he made anywhere near $2 million? Most likely not. So yes, that's far too much to ask.

However, he is probably also signing his life away with a 3 fight agreement should he win, which he probably won't. In fact, there are a better chance of Jennings retiring forever than him beating Klitschko, which means, no $2 million is not too much.

He probably also knows that HBO want Klitschko to fight Jennings and Jennings has a guaranteed shot at Wilder/Stiverne, so he has some cards to play. All in all, probably not too much to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
              I think it is pretty unrealistic. 2 million on HBO not PPV?
              I also don't see him getting any German money. If he doesn't get picked, hope it's briggs over Ruiz if it comes down to it
              That's probably what will happen. Jennings will price himself out and then they'll say, "well we can't fight this fat slob and be taken seriously." So they'll fight briggs. It's almost by design. All those fights are a mismatch, atleast the Briggs one will have some theatre.

Comment

No what the hell?

Depends on the purse but 2 million for Jennings? I don't see it. 1 million is realistic IMO.

Comment

Hopefully Wlad ****s that offer off and gets Fury into the mix

Comment

**** it. I hope the Jennings fight doesn't happen so the Briggs fight does

WAR BRIGGS!

Comment

Working...
                    X