Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Bryant Jennings asking too much in wanting $2 million to fight Wlad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retirement money...

Comment

Keep in mind, Roc Nations offered Wilder $2mill just for the Stiverne fight. They were also willing to spend a loss on Quillin just so they could be involved with a major fight. Jennings is a promising, undefeated American heavy weight, he has a great earning potential and doesn't have to be another Calvin Brock.

Comment

Wilder is prob gonna get close to that lol why can't Jennings and they're fighting for the real title. What do wlad a purses look like

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
          Keep in mind, Roc Nations offered Wilder $2mill just for the Stiverne fight. They were also willing to spend a loss on Quillin just so they could be involved with a major fight. Jennings is a promising, undefeated American heavy weight, he has a great earning potential and doesn't have to be another Calvin Brock.
          He's not really that promising?

Great earning potential? He's not exciting, he's not a charismatic person and he's not a puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
            Wilder is prob gonna get close to that lol why can't Jennings and they're fighting for the real title. What do wlad a purses look like
            $3 million has been reported quite often as the standard.

Comment

Whats the most jennings could earn in any other fight? I'm guessing a few hundred grand ... at that rate it could take him half a career to bring in 2 million.

Could wlad earn as much or more against like half a dozen or more other guys?
              Yup easily.

So no Jennings has nothing to bargain with, he'll have to take whatever wlad is willing to give.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy T View Post
                Whats the most jennings could earn in any other fight? I'm guessing a few hundred grand ... at that rate it could take him half a career to bring in 2 million.

Could wlad earn as much or more against like half a dozen or more other guys?
                Yup easily.

So no Jennings has nothing to bargain with, he'll have to take whatever wlad is willing to give.
                Did you change your user name?

Comment

Maidana only got 3 million to fight PBF and he goes back a few years as far as big fights.

IDK who the **** jennings is and the heavyweight division is chit, so 2 million is probably too much unless wlad is feeling generous.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    He's not really that promising?

Great earning potential? He's not exciting, he's not a charismatic person and he's not a puncher.

He's a pretty unassuming guy that generally gets written off. I think he's developed impressively over the last 5 years, nothing flashy but he gets the job done and has his head in the right place. Almost like an antithesis to Wilder, which is why I really want to see them fight, especially given the Roc Nation/Haymon backdrop.

With the right promoter behind Jennings he could really grow alot more as both a fighter and celebrity, which is why I feel the Klitschko fight is premature.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                      He's a pretty unassuming guy that generally gets written off. I think he's developed impressively over the last 5 years, nothing flashy but he gets the job done and has his head in the right place. Almost like an antithesis to Wilder, which is why I really want to see them fight, especially given the Roc Nation/Haymon backdrop.

With the right promoter behind Jennings he could really grow alot more as both a fighter and celebrity, which is why I feel the Klitschko fight is premature.
                      We agree that the Klitschko fight is immature. The guy started boxing at 24 years old or something and hasn't had but 19 fights against so so opponents.

I just can't see him developing into much more than what he is now, but I might be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X