Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone not as excited about Cotto-Canelo as I am?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who gives a crap about how ya'll feel as long as the latino contingency, the bedrock of boxing, get what they want.

bam.

Comment

Don't care for either. I like Cotto, but I give zero fucks about Canelo.

Comment

First off only a clown would say it would do 2 millions buys. It will do strong numbers, like 750,000 which is outstanding. Back to the real **** though. It's a great fight, not just off of what each fighter has accomplished thus far in their careers but also where each fighter stands at this point in time. It's a possible torch passing fight as Canelo possibly proves himself against a well proven, grizzled vet. Or Cotto, proves once again he is a great fighter that will not give in to father time.

It also is a matchup that style wise is going to give you major fireworks and of all matchups in boxing, style wise it is a top 10 must see fight. Lastly, it is a matchup against 2 very crazed fan bases. The atmosphere will be electric and both men know that their is a lot at stake. It is an amazing matchup and outside of a handful of fights in boxing, it is going to be one of the most anticipated fights in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
          It's a possible torch passing fight as Canelo possibly proves himself against a well proven, grizzled vet.

Canelo had his possible torch passing fight and got whooped.

Beating Cotto isn't a torch passing fight, dude got schooled by Trout.

Comment

Originally posted by who_necks View Post
            Canelo had his possible torch passing fight and got whooped.

Beating Cotto isn't a torch passing fight, dude got schooled by Trout.
            canelo doesnt need a torch, he didnt need that floyd fight so early in his career , he is the future of boxing , in a couple of years he will be boxings face... time is his best friend...

Comment

I'm very excited to see Canelo eek out a decision against a shot Cotto.

Comment

i just wanna see the highlight reels of Canelo punishing him with the combos

Comment

With all this Haymon, Bob Arum, Schaeffer, GB, HBO, Showtime Bulls**t, my love for the sport is dying.

I'm not excited for Canelo/Cotto as I know I would have been a few years ago. I have doubts it happens for May 2. When it happens, I doubt it'll live to my expectations since rarely I fight has recently.

I became a hardcore fan in the late 90's early 2000's where De La Hoya, Morales, Barrera, Trinidad, Vargas, Pacquiao, Corrales, Castillo would fight anyone and really challenge themselves.

Haymon and Mayweather have sissified this sport with their business first, challenge never mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by who_necks View Post
                    Not really bothered. On the day of the fight i'd be looking forward to seeing it but i doesn't excite me in the sense I'm looking forward to it or taking a big interest in it.

Canelo was shown by Floyd what the top level really is and has everybody actually Forgotten that Cotto was schooled by Trout? It's like it's been erased from boxing history. Never to be spoken about again, much like the time i banged my cousin Laura.

It might be a big fight in terms of numbers and boxing loving nations, but it's relevance on a purely boxing level is not as big as they are hyping it.
                    what was also erased was the blown up flyweight Pac man bludgeoning cotto into a gargoyle and stopping him

Comment

Originally posted by Chiboxing123 View Post
                      Really Nelo just did 400k so ure saying you add cotto to that and you still get under 500?
                      Yeah, but despite Cotto's recent beat down of Sergio he's still not wha he once was. The man has been in some wars.

Comment

Working...
                      X