Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone not as excited about Cotto-Canelo as I am?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's a great style clash. With two big stars, it will be a great fight and great for boxing.

Comment

I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree with the OP. I'd pay $100 for this PPV, but hopefully I won't have to. I see this as a very competitive fight. I don't believe it quite reaches 2 million buys, but I see it selling anywhere btwn 850k-1.5M. I'm Super Excited for this fight!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
        People keep talking about this fight being a superfight, about it doing 2 million plus PPV's. I'm not super excited about it though.

IMO Austin Trout was Canelo's biggest win, before Trout Canelo was only beating 40 year old Shane Mosley, a 147lber in Josesito Lopez plus other very average fighters. I think Cotto is past his prime and isn't the fighter he once was.

Basically i'm very lukewarm on the fight, when it's being billed as a fight of intergalactic proportions.
        Same boat. Canelo-GGG is the bigger, better fight, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by George Orwell View Post
          I would be shocked if it did over 500 K, 2 million is absurd
          Are you serious? Puerto Rico and Mexico are huge boxing nations and Canelo and Cotto are big big stars. And to the guy talking about Canelo's resume affecting the sales, not true most casuals don't have a clue, they'll see a highlight reel of him beating up pensioners Mosley baldomir and think he's a beast, it worked for the Floyd fight.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
              People keep talking about this fight being a superfight, about it doing 2 million plus PPV's. I'm not super excited about it though.

IMO Austin Trout was Canelo's biggest win, before Trout Canelo was only beating 40 year old Shane Mosley, a 147lber in Josesito Lopez plus other very average fighters. I think Cotto is past his prime and isn't the fighter he once was.

Basically i'm very lukewarm on the fight, when it's being billed as a fight of intergalactic proportions.
              I haven't even heard anyone say this would 100 percent crack 1 million PPV buys, let alone 2 million. Idk where you got that from bro. It's not being hyped as this biggest fight ever either. It's just a big fight. Big time fighters, big time fan bases, long and historic boxing rivalry. Middleweight title fight. And u can put the house up that it will be a great ****ing fight.

Comment

I think Canelo/Cotto does appr. 1 million ppv buys.
                I am excited because both are willing to come forward and fight and it has the makings of a great fight with a great ending.
                I agree that Cotto is passed it, I am not a prisoner of the moment thinking his win over a 40 year shot Martinez who had 1 knee after the first round changes much for him.
                It would be a great atmosphere. The Mexico/Puerto Rico rivalry is still strong in the boxing game.
                I have Canelo by late stoppage.

Comment

The more negotiations carry on, the less I care about it.

Comment

It is not a super fight at all

Comment

Not really bothered. On the day of the fight i'd be looking forward to seeing it but i doesn't excite me in the sense I'm looking forward to it or taking a big interest in it.

Canelo was shown by Floyd what the top level really is and has everybody actually Forgotten that Cotto was schooled by Trout? It's like it's been erased from boxing history. Never to be spoken about again, much like the time i banged my cousin Laura.

It might be a big fight in terms of numbers and boxing loving nations, but it's relevance on a purely boxing level is not as big as they are hyping it.

Comment

Working...
                      X