No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach Admits Pacquiao Fumble in First Mayweather Talks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beastoverhand View Post
    Have you not been following the recent news?
    PAC agreed to EVERYTHING regarding the testing,
    even ON THE DAY of the fight.. also agreed to a lesser split.

meh.. you're a waste of time. I'm done.
    I heard what he said but I'm not dumb. PAC is sounding more like the politician than the boxer. All I know for a fact is PAC walked away from a 50/50 split from Floyd Mayweather. And I'm supposed to believe he really wants/wanted the fight after that?

Comment

• So Floyd fans are agreeing Roach's statement.

Roach is willing to take the blame for the first one but said Floyd is to be blamed every other time after that ...... and Floyd fans are all happy and celebrating.

Comment

• Roach is saying that Pacquiao fumbled. That is what Floyd fans are agreeing with because it's the same thing they've been telling you for years.

Comment

• Yeah I agree with Roach on that but Mayweather has also played a hand in the fight not happening. If both guys really wanted to fight each other the fight would have been made. Back then they had more to lose in regards to marketability and what not. Now since their both coming to the end of their careers I'm pretty sure it would happen. We can't put blame just on Pacquiao and Mayweather. Between Pac's excuses and Floyds crazy demands, its been both their faults plain and simple. Lets just hope insecurities and egos get put aside this time so they can finally fight.

Comment

• Best believe this fight is gonna happen because there is no other opponent out there for Floyd. He's not gonna fight a younger and potentially more dangerous fighter (Khan) for less money then he would get if he fought Pac. Remember boxing is a business as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Floyd does the same with Pac that he did with Maidana. By that I mean he'll fight in a way to make the fight seem competitive and close, fans will urge for the rematch, they will take it and Floyd would get even more money and beat him in better fashion in the rematch.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
              My favorite part was how in '10 they were doctors warning us of the dangers of blood draining. In 2011, accountants warning us about the corruption of VisionQwest. By 2012, they were all structural engineers assessing the feasibility of a 70,000+ capacity temporary stadium on the strip (when they weren't back to being doctors). Now, in 2014 they're civil rights activists demonstrating over the cultural significance of Cinco De Mayo (which isn't even a national holiday in Mexico). Personally, I'm waiting on the day Arum says the fight should be on the moon and we are all suddenly blessed enough to have several astronauts posting on boxingscene.
              bwhahahaha......

Comment

• Does anyone know the split that is being offered?
                You fans of both guys keep arguing back and forth, and you don't even know what about.
                The only actual offer I have heard recently was from Steve Espinoza and that was $40 mil guarantee plus PPV (did not say the split either). When Manny says he has agreed to everything he means what Arum has told him (you do not know what offer was made from Floyds side).

Both guys fans need to come out and demand that negotiations are done in public so we know for sure which side is preventing the fight.

I get the feeling that everything is decided besides the split and date. It is about the money so please stop saying you agreed to everything because if you did they you should already have a a contract with your signature on it. Floyd side made them an offer (how much we do not know), and Manny's side wants more money (if you are going to take a loss you need to cash out now).

The best way to do this is a 2 fight deal (which I believe was offered in the first place). Floyd will have a rematch clause, and I think Manny wants one too just in case he loses, because if Floyd beats him and beats him badly then what will he / Top Rank do?
                Last edited by kej718; 12-26-2014, 11:11 PM.

Comment

• Why still harping on this? He did agree to do the tests eventually, and then what? The guy was just going to keep bringing up conditions until he hits paydirt. Pacquiao's PR people handled the blood test thing wrong. They should have simply said: su*k di*k, who the eff are you?

Question: what if Pacquiao had taken the blood test and then lost to Floyd? What would the conclusion have been?

At that time, totally out of the blue, without any su****ions raised by any party, Floyd wants the reigning p4p champ, most popular boxer in the world, world renowned well-respected personality, to prove himself with drug tests catered to please Mr. Floyd Mayweather. Precious indeed!

And why did Pacquiao change his mind? Floyd got the mass convinced Pacquiao is juicing so Pacquiao now has to prove himself. Floyd won that PR battle!

Comment

• Wow roach dropping bombs

Comment

• Pacquiao should just agree to Mayweathers crazy demands or not agree at all. He's making himself look bad by agreeing after the fight falls through.

I'm sure during the negotiations for this fight, there may be something new that Mayweather demands. It just feels like Pacmans camp wont accept it now, but will accept it when the fight gets cancelled.

But to be honest, Mayweathers demands always seem a little extreme at the time, but make sense later on. The drug testing, even Pacquaio requires some of his opponents to take them now. The split, Mayweather brings in hight PPV, livegate, closed circuit, movie theater sales, and merchandising during his fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X